ML55 AMG, ML63 AMG (W163, W164) 1999 - 2011 Two Generations

ECU disconect

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-22-2006, 05:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
200 ml55 amg
ECU disconect

Looking for information to permanently disconnect the ECU traction control 2000 ML55 AMG
Old 06-22-2006, 08:07 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
00 MB ML55, 91 Toyota Supra Turbo(sold), 06 E500(gone), 03 BMW M3
why would you want to do something stupid like that?

no offense dean drives but there have been some CRAZY requests on here, no logical person would ask

How old are you?

Unplug a break sensor, you lose your ABS as well but ESP is off
Old 06-25-2006, 05:27 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C320 Coupe
If you've never driven your Mercedes with all the traction aids turned off, you don't know what fun is. Many of us true enthusiast take are cars to venues where it is completely safe and desirable to disable the anitlock brakes, traction control, and stability control. I'm in my 40's and I take my vehicles (except my minivan) to just such venues. I also turn it off when I get tired of the drive by wire throttle lag. The engine does respond much faster when the traction aids are turned off.

The C Klasse cars are have a dyno mode that is very easy to acitivate. I'm assuming the ML has a similar feature.
Old 06-25-2006, 07:20 PM

E220cdi Estate Avantgarde March 2008
Originally Posted by TNblkc230wz
If you've never driven your Mercedes with all the traction aids turned off, you don't know what fun is. Many of us true enthusiast take are cars to venues where it is completely safe and desirable to disable the anitlock brakes, traction control, and stability control. I'm in my 40's and I take my vehicles (except my minivan) to just such venues. I also turn it off when I get tired of the drive by wire throttle lag. The engine does respond much faster when the traction aids are turned off.

The C Klasse cars are have a dyno mode that is very easy to acitivate. I'm assuming the ML has a similar feature.
Yes but 'deandrives' is talking about permanently disabling the ESP and no one should encourage that. Official studies show ESP cuts accidents by about 40%.
Old 06-26-2006, 05:58 PM

200 ml55 amg
The ML55 is used as off-road camera car. We work in snow, sand, mud so to be able to turn it off would be of great help. To temporarily disconnect just makes my life frustrating. Check out www.performancefilmworks.com you'll see what I mean.
Old 06-26-2006, 06:01 PM

200 ml55 amg
Does the Dyno mode have to be activated by a dealer technican?
Old 06-26-2006, 08:13 PM
Out Of Control!!

well it is supposed to be entered in to dyno mode by a technician, BUT I dont believe the ML55 has a dyno mode as its awd... the only way to effectively shut your ESP off is to disconnect a break sensor... it will shut your ESP, and ABS off completely

Trending Topics

Old 06-27-2006, 10:26 PM

C320 Coupe
Originally Posted by deandrives
The ML55 is used as off-road camera car. We work in snow, sand, mud so to be able to turn it off would be of great help. To temporarily disconnect just makes my life frustrating. Check out www.performancefilmworks.com you'll see what I mean.
I don't know how it works on the ML. On the C Klasse, you enter dyno mode before your start the car. It stays in dyno mode until you turn your traction aids back on. The only anoying thing about dyno mode is you will get an error message on the dash display for each of the ABS, ESP, and Traction control each time you start the car. I would think the ML has a dyno mode as it is suppose to be a diagnostic tool for the technicians. However, I have meet technicians that don't believe dyno mode exists.
Old 06-27-2006, 10:26 PM

C320 Coupe
Originally Posted by deandrives
I don't know how it works on the ML. On the C Klasse, you enter dyno mode before your start the car. It stays in dyno mode until you turn your traction aids back on. The only anoying thing about dyno mode is you will get an error message on the dash display for each of the ABS, ESP, and Traction control each time you start the car. I would think the ML has a dyno mode as it is suppose to be a diagnostic tool for the technicians. However, I have meet technicians that don't believe dyno mode exists.
Old 06-27-2006, 11:00 PM
Out Of Control!!

dyno mode doesnt need to exist on an ML55, when an ML55 is put on a dyno it must be an AWD dyno... Dyno mode in a RWD vehicle allows the rear wheels to spin while the front sensors are disabled meaning the traction control wont read the front wheel stationary and the rear wheels spinning and lock up the rear wheels. On an ML... if the rear wheels are spinning then the front wheels MUST be spinning. that is what all the time AWD is about...
Old 06-27-2006, 11:06 PM
Out Of Control!!

Originally Posted by TNblkc230wz

Also one thing that you arent taking in to consideration... An ML55(SUV) with no driving safety aids is not like driving a C sedan with no safety aids. One flips over, the other skids around screaches and burns some rubber...
Old 02-08-2010, 08:27 AM

2001 ML55 AMG, 2006 Honda CBR 1000rr
I believe it does have a dyno mode... if you've seen the 5 gear program with Tiff where he tests out the ML63, the technician towards the end of the video turns traction control COMPLETELY off. I've mangaged to find out how, but i dont believe this method would work for the ML55 W163 model as there are no buttons on the steering wheel. check it out

The DYNO mode disables ESP, BAS and ABS.

This is how you get into the hidden menu in the MFD.

1. Insert your key and turn to position 1.

2. Press the trip odometer reset button three (3) times.

3. The first screen you will see on the MFD is the battery voltage in the following format - UB: 12.0 V

4. Press the UP arrow button on the steering wheel.

5. You will now see other information such as Software Version, etc. If you turn the key to position 2 you will get a oil reading by QTS and other info will appear.

6. If you want to put the car into DYNO mode which will disable ESP and BAS, leave the key in position 1 and hit the up arrow until you see the screen that says "ESP Dynamometer Test".

7. At this screen use your + or - steering wheel button to turn this mode ON.

8. You will get some malfunctions due to ESP, BAS, etc. being off, but this is not a problem and they will go away once you disable the DYNO mode.

9. You can start you car now to DYNO it without all the electronic wizardry getting in the way.

CAUTION: DO NOT DRIVE LIKE THIS OR BAD THINGS MAY HAPPEN. ESP, BAS, ABS are desirable when driving

10. To exit out of DYNO mode, simply turn your car off then back on and it will reset to normal.