ML55 AMG, ML63 AMG (W163, W164) 1999 - 2011 Two Generations

ML Newbie

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-05-2006, 01:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ML Newbie

Hey Guys - looking for some basic input on the ML (63 of course). By way of backgroud - my wife has C32 and I have a CLK55 vert. She is getting ready to get out of the C32 and saw (how unfortunate for me) the ML63. I have never driven any of the MLs. Any input would be appreciated. So far everything I have read on this forum has been positive. Is it worth the money or would a Cayenne or event RR Sport be a truly viable alternative (I know they are not MBs).

Thanks,
D-
Old 10-05-2006, 02:43 PM

'08 SL550 Sport, '11 BMW 550ix M sport
As you mentioned the opinions here may be somewhat prejudicial, but I have driven the RR and it's a damn fine vehicle. I loved the interior, nice leather and comfortable seats. The exterior was OK but not really eye catching, but the one thing that turned me off more than anything was the lack of quickness and throttle response. I'm not saying it's slow but you feel a real difference between the MB & RR in acceleration. If I were going off road... that might have helped because the RR is definatly prepped to go anywhere. But I don't. I'm one of those statistics that they talk about who own SUV's but never take them off the pavement.

I can't say anything about the Cayenne because I've never driven one but I can say I don't like the looks... Plus the ML63 now beats it off the line.

For me it was more about straight line grunt...(with a trailer hitch!)
Old 10-05-2006, 03:28 PM

I am with you - the car will never be off road and unless I leave sunny FL - it will likely never see snow. I am all about the performance, but we do have a need some something with a real backseat and that will actually hold a few things. Also one of these days it may need a baby seat to... I like to the look of the RR, but I agree with you, I am not a big fan of the Cayenne.

I guess I am going to have to go find an ML to drive. I just know that as soon as she puts her foot into it - that will be that... that is how we ended up with the C32 - she took off out of the dealership and just turned to me and smilled...

D-