C6 kill!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-10-2007, 10:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLS55 AMG
Originally Posted by Thericker
Hey bro! like I said "I agree w/some of your points" and yes anything can/will happen w/cars that are a sec apart... I just think a long w/this comes the usual exaggeration value that seems to be over looked continuously, for instance if this race had been w/say a newer 211 E55k there would be a lot more outrage and expletives being tossed around..
Well, if I went to a Corvette forum and posted that I'd beaten an E55k in my car, I doubt that I'd catch as much flak as I would were I to post that I'd beaten a C6, so that's not really surprising. People are always like that....rootin' for the home team!

Infact I read Amgjerry's post on how he BEAT not one but 2 E55k in his modded C32, he also put the disclaimer though, that all things being perfect for both drivers, he would've lost...Hence no one gave it a second glance or How? Why? etc..
Sure, because they're more familiar with what each can do, I suspect...also, maybe they're following a modified version of Reagan's 11th Commandment: Thou shalt not speak ill of thy fellow Mercedes owners.

Guys don't do that here they make it sound like victory was inevitable
Well, sure, but also keep in mind that on the other hand, several Mercedes owners, myself included, pointed out that C6's are faster, and that this race was won by the jump and reaction time rather than superior weight/horsepower.

Jerry's heavily modded C32 has no more power than my STOCK C6, + C6 s lighter by 300+lbs, we've already compared rwhp rwto dyno sheets on another thread...
I thought yours had an airbox?? Or am I thinking of someone else...

Anyway, wrt a modded C32, they do lay down some pretty good numbers, but they don't trap w/E55ks...
Old 01-11-2007, 02:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
V12-Biturbo
Originally Posted by Improviz
Well, if I went to a Corvette forum and posted that I'd beaten an E55k in my car, I doubt that I'd catch as much flak as I would were I to post that I'd beaten a C6, so that's not really surprising. People are always like that....rootin' for the home team!

Sure, because they're more familiar with what each can do, I suspect...also, maybe they're following a modified version of Reagan's 11th Commandment: Thou shalt not speak ill of thy fellow Mercedes owners.

Well, sure, but also keep in mind that on the other hand, several Mercedes owners, myself included, pointed out that C6's are faster, and that this race was won by the jump and reaction time rather than superior weight/horsepower.

I thought yours had an airbox?? Or am I thinking of someone else...

Anyway, wrt a modded C32, they do lay down some pretty good numbers, but they don't trap w/E55ks...
Yes my C6 has CAI, & Cat-back now, but these mods were put on after my base line dyno when it was stock...

Yes I see, & appreciate you & others that speak the truth when discussing these races, what I meant when I said they make these races w/faster cars seem like the X Mercedes had an inevitable win coming there way,was the original posters 1st strory/post sets this tone & intimates further certain reactions by posting "Oh I smoked this guy no problamo" instead of "I ran a faster car today and beat him I know he would've beat me if this, or that wasn't in my favor"

Yes I know this is a Mercedes forum & I love it...Of course the members here are going to rally in favor of there favorite brand, no biggie just disecting the vernacular around here

Last edited by Thericker; 01-11-2007 at 03:03 AM.
Old 01-11-2007, 08:08 PM
Banned

Poor, and false, analogy. You've seen the test numbers for ML63's, friend, and they're running low 13's. 'vette's are testing in the mid-to-high 12's.

That's less than one second of difference. Know any minivans which run within a second of a Viper??

And don't you think it's just kinda, sorta impressive that a 5,000+ pound SUV is within a second or so of a Corvette? To me, that's impressive.

Another poor analogy. The ML got on it, the 'vette got on it, i.e. the 'vette was fighting. And a win is a win. If I go to a strip, line up against a Viper, he blows his launch and runs a 13.6 @ 113 to my 13.2 @ 106, ya know what?

He lost the race, and it's me who'll be going home with the trophy.

Not really. Reality is the ML won. Your ego can't handle the reality, and so are trying to ruin it for people with silly false analogies. If you race a faster car and you win, you win. Happens all the time. Doesn't change the fact that the C6 is faster (as I wrote in the post that I linked you to and that you obviously didn't bother to read), any more than your silly tirade changes the outcome of this encounter.
Are you kidding us?

You were not even there!
You are talking like you actualy saw it!

Here is the bottom line:
The ML63 is the BADDEST SUV on the planet,
and it will still not touch a C6 in a race.

Just because a guy CLAIMS he was racing a C6,
it doesn't mean the C6 was racing him.

Go to a track if you want to race.
But,
just because you get in front of a faster car while commuting,
it doesn't mean you RACED or BEAT him.

We are waiting for you back here in the state of reality.
Come back.
We miss you.

Last edited by TT C6; 01-11-2007 at 08:13 PM.
Old 01-11-2007, 09:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG
Originally Posted by TT C6
Are you kidding us?

You were not even there!

Here is the bottom line:

But,

Come back.
We miss you.

+1
Old 01-11-2007, 10:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
Are you kidding us?

You were not even there!
I don't have to see it, because I am intelligent and can envision exactly how such a scenario would unfold, based upon both personal experience and elementary mathematics. The results are plausible to anyone who can grasp first-grade level math, which presumably precludes you, as you don't seem to be able to grasp the fact that if a slower car gets on it a second or so before a faster car, it can win a race.

This is pretty elementary, really....I mean, have you ever been to a drag strip in your life? I doubt it, because I'm not really talking rocket science here.

Here is the bottom line:
Not if they both floor the accelerator at the same time, which was NOT the case here, by the original poster's own description.

Is this really so difficult to grasp?

So, you think if you lined up against an ML63 and gave him a one second head start, that you would win??

Bull****.

If you let him start at time = 0, he will cross the finish line after 13.3 seconds. If you start at time = 1, *and* assuming you can launch and drive far better than most ****-talkers I've come across in person and could actually run a 12.7 in your C6 (which is NOT a foregone conclusion), you will cross the finish line at 13.7 seconds.

Now, I don't know how mathematics works in your world, if at all, but in mine, 13.3 seconds occurs before 13.7.

A C6 isn't going to be a few carlengths behind an ML63 that hopped on it a good second or more sooner at the end of a 1/4 mile run without racing him.

I have. Have you? I doubt it.

But,

Come back.
We miss you.
I am in the state of reality, but apparantly in your state, things like "head start", first grade mathematics, and simple explanations can not and do not register.

Either that, or you're just acting like a dunce on purpose to annoy all of us. In which case you're succeeding, but you're certainly not winning (or even presenting) any arguments.

If you have a 12.7 car and give a 13.3 car a one second head start, you will lose. Got that? Not "might", "may", "possibly", "could", etc.; will. 12.7 + 1 = 13.7. 13.7 > 13.3. First grade math. What a concept!
Old 01-12-2007, 08:12 PM
Banned

Have I ever been to the track?

A couple times.

Name the time and place.

One condition.
I get to video tape the entire ordeal,
INCLUDING the verbal abuse you receive from all when you are exposed for what you are.

My PM box is open.

Come back to reality.
Somebody misses you,
right?

PS
A 100% stock base C6 runs 12.5 with a driver behind the wheel.
Not that I would know.

Last edited by TT C6; 01-12-2007 at 08:15 PM.
Old 01-12-2007, 08:28 PM

'08 CL63
I'll bet that "eagleeye", the original poster, never in his wildest imagination thought that his experience beating the Corvette would draw this much "fire" !!

Improviz you're right on with your explanation of basic "stuff" to that corvette owner. He just don't get it

You probably should save your breath because he's not going to either.

Dave
Old 01-12-2007, 08:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
Originally Posted by Rider1
You probably should save your breath
No worry's Impro's just typin' no wasted breath
Old 01-12-2007, 08:43 PM
Banned

You guys are going to teach me about automotive "stuff"?

If you brought a SLR,
you would leave embarrased.

MB builds the world's baddest SUV.
But the buck stops there.

You need to get over yourselves.
Old 01-12-2007, 09:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG
yea i dont know why you guys even continuing this thread, C6 vette is faster in 1/4 PERIOD. That particular race was either a big headstart for ML or vette had bad driver or it didnt race at all.

move on.
Old 01-13-2007, 12:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
Improviz you're right on with your explanation of basic "stuff" to that corvette owner. He just don't get it
Yeah, true. Delusions of glanduer, as they used to say.
Old 01-13-2007, 12:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
Have I ever been to the track?

A couple times.
OK, so how about this: you show up at a strip in a stock C6. You run an ML63.

But see, here's the deal: you have to give him him a one second head start just as was described in the race.

And then beat him.

You're arguing that I'm wrong. I'm saying if you give an ML63 a one second spot, you'll lose.

One condition.
I get to video tape the entire ordeal,
INCLUDING the verbal abuse you receive from all when you are exposed for what you are.
And what would I be "exposed" as being? Somone who made a cohesive, logical argument, which you have yet to refute?

Why not show me where my math was wrong?

Are you claiming that if you run a 12.5, and he runs a 13.3, but you give him a one second head start, you'll win?

I asked you this once. You refused to answer.

Care to enlighten me and explain that one there, sparky?

My PM box is open.
For what? I have no desire to meet you and prove what I already proved with simple mathematics. Plus, I don't have an ML63 anyway...did you happen to read my sig there, genius?

If you run a 12.5 but start a second after a 13.3 car, he'll get to the 1/4 mile mark 0.2 seconds ahead of you.

This is simple subtraction.

Are you really too stupid to grasp it?

Come back to reality.
Again, I challenge you to provide any proof that the argument I made was unrealistic. You can't, which is why you keep dodging it and acting like a moron.

Somebody misses you,
right?
Again: why not show me where I made a mathematical error? You can't, because I didn't, and so you keep repeating the same stupid **** over and over, like a semiretarded parrot.

Braaak, sqwawks the semiretarded parrot...."come back to reality"...brraaakkk...."somebody misses you"....brraaak..."polly wanna cracker!!".

How is it that saying a car which runs a 12.7 (or, have it your way: a 12.5) would lose if it spots a 13.3 car one second in a 1/4 mile race unrealistic?

Remember, dip****: I *never* said that a C6 would lose to an ML63 if they both started the race at the same time. In fact, if you'd pull your head out of your *** long enough to go back and read my first post in this thread, you'd see that in fact I said exactly the opposite, and that the ONLY way the ML63 would beat a C6 is if he got the jump.

You claim that this is unrealistic. What you don't do is provide anything other than stupid remarks.

Care to explain what is unrealistic about what I wrote?

I'm waiting for an answer.

Try not sqwawking for a change and actually debate, parrot. What is unrealistic about what I wrote?

Idiot.
Old 01-13-2007, 01:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W221 S65 AMG
How come.......

Does anyone else get a kick out of the same behavior that always happens with just about every kill? No matter what cars race, which forum....

{replace with any non Benz}

1. Hey I beat a {C6 twin turbo LPE with the 1000HP pacakge} in my Benz
2. BS thats impossible!
3. Awesome, great Kill!
4. Someone with 10 posts (Vette): Agreed string theory shows that it is theoritically impossible... my Vette RULES THE WORLD
5. But its possible if there is human error
6. 0-10, 0-20......0-180mph shows clearly that the {C6} is faster. (R&T, Motortrend, Autoweek clippings)
7. But a win is a win
8. {Vette} dude was not racing
9. Agreed, {Vette} dude is a poor driver
10. this thread is beaten to a dead horse...lets close it

I am done talking to myself dellusionally (sp)

Last edited by e55 baller; 01-13-2007 at 10:41 AM.
Old 01-13-2007, 04:05 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

mymbonline
OK, so how about this: you show up at a strip in a stock C6. You run an ML63.

But see, here's the deal: you have to give him him a one second head start just as was described in the race.

And then beat him.

You're arguing that I'm wrong. I'm saying if you give an ML63 a one second spot, you'll lose.

And what would I be "exposed" as being? Somone who made a cohesive, logical argument, which you have yet to refute?

Why not show me where my math was wrong?

Are you claiming that if you run a 12.5, and he runs a 13.3, but you give him a one second head start, you'll win?

I asked you this once. You refused to answer.

Care to enlighten me and explain that one there, sparky?

For what? I have no desire to meet you and prove what I already proved with simple mathematics. Plus, I don't have an ML63 anyway...did you happen to read my sig there, genius?

If you run a 12.5 but start a second after a 13.3 car, he'll get to the 1/4 mile mark 0.2 seconds ahead of you.

This is simple subtraction.

Are you really too stupid to grasp it?

Again, I challenge you to provide any proof that the argument I made was unrealistic. You can't, which is why you keep dodging it and acting like a moron.

Again: why not show me where I made a mathematical error? You can't, because I didn't, and so you keep repeating the same stupid **** over and over, like a semiretarded parrot.

Braaak, sqwawks the semiretarded parrot...."come back to reality"...brraaakkk...."somebody misses you"....brraaak..."polly wanna cracker!!".

How is it that saying a car which runs a 12.7 (or, have it your way: a 12.5) would lose if it spots a 13.3 car one second in a 1/4 mile race unrealistic?

Remember, dip****: I *never* said that a C6 would lose to an ML63 if they both started the race at the same time. In fact, if you'd pull your head out of your *** long enough to go back and read my first post in this thread, you'd see that in fact I said exactly the opposite, and that the ONLY way the ML63 would beat a C6 is if he got the jump.

You claim that this is unrealistic. What you don't do is provide anything other than stupid remarks.

Care to explain what is unrealistic about what I wrote?

I'm waiting for an answer.

Try not sqwawking for a change and actually debate, parrot. What is unrealistic about what I wrote?

Idiot.

nice ownage improviz
Old 01-13-2007, 10:35 AM

'08 CL63
+1 Improviz again!

Dave
Old 01-13-2007, 12:46 PM

AMG ML63, M3 CSL, Z4M Coupe, New Audi TT, Audi R8 (coming)
Originally Posted by crjag
Here's a part of the story. Can't wait for 1/13!

http://www.autosport-international.c...ssId=pressRe47

For anyone who is interested, here is the sign in front of the stand which was displaying the ML63 at today's Autosport International Show.

Old 01-13-2007, 01:10 PM

2012 C63 Black Series Coupe
Originally Posted by DoctorD
For anyone who is interested, here is the sign in front of the stand which was displaying the ML63 at today's Autosport International Show.
A picture is worth a thousand words...

Last edited by brt3; 01-13-2007 at 01:33 PM.
Old 01-13-2007, 02:12 PM

'08 CL63
Ha Ha Ha Ha!!!!! What's the matter you chevy "sports car" owners....YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH ?????

Dave
Old 01-13-2007, 11:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
Ha Ha Ha Ha!!!!! What's the matter you chevy "sports car" owners....YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH ?????

Dave
What truth? do you mean......When a C6 driver is actualy aware your racing him, he engages at the SAME TIME, and beats you any day of the week badly by 7 car lengths?

Yes I can handle this truth, can you? every tenth of a sec in a race = 1 car length, C6 Vette 12.5 1/4 ----- ml63 13.2 1/4 = 7 car lengths hell that's a beatin' SON

This is using the best 1/4 mile times reported for both ML63, & C6 vehicles...

since my C6 is A4 auto this is the best time 12.5, if I were to use M6 or A6 it would be much worse there bests are 12.20's all day long w/good driver in manual, and point and click w/new C6 A6 auto
Old 01-14-2007, 12:10 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
Oooooo, we're a little sensitive aren't we "thericker"? I was referring to this sign displayed at the AIS.

Read it a weep

Dave

[IMG]http://img128.imageshack.us/img128/9079/acspeedsigncg4.jpg[/IMG
No I'm not sensitive at all, your ML63's are great baad *** suv's Yes I did read the sign...No weeping my C6 wasn't listed as one of the vehicles the ml63 could beat...
Old 01-14-2007, 12:10 AM

'08 CL63
Oooooo we're a little sensitive aren't we "thericker"? I was referring to this sign at the AIS.

Dave

Originally Posted by DoctorD
Old 01-14-2007, 12:11 AM

'08 CL63
No I'm not sensitive at all, your ML63's are great baad *** suv's Yes I did read the sign...No weeping my C6 wasn't listed as one of the vehicles the ml63 could beat...

You're quick...responding that is

Any now you're saying that your chevy is quicker than the Aston Martin???? Come on!

Dave
Old 01-14-2007, 12:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
Nope, I read it allready, no biggie guy
You guys misunderstand me, I love high HP trucks, suv's, cars of every kind, especially luxury models such as the new ML63, I'd buy one in a sec if I had the money, it would be a great addition to my C6, I'd have the perf market nearly covered so to speak

Last edited by Thericker; 01-14-2007 at 12:16 AM.
Old 01-14-2007, 12:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
You're quick...responding that is

Any now you're saying that your chevy is quicker than the Aston Martin???? Come on!

Dave
Does the Aston martin run a 12.5 in the 1/4? or 0-60 in 4.1 seconds? the ML63 best times are 13.2 in the 1/4 and 0-60 in 4.6.....

How is the C6 slower?
Old 01-14-2007, 12:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
The Aston Martin Vantage (the one the ml63 beats in article) is a slow over priced turd....

380HP
300TORQUE
0-60 in 5.1

Just because it's expensive doesn't mean it's fast! boy do you look funny now Rider1 read this and laugh at your self bro!

2006 Aston Martin Vantage
$117,000

General information provided by third-party sources.
2006 Aston Martin V8 Vantage Base
2 door Coupe, RWD, 4.3Liter Overview
Pricing
Standard Features
Options
Technical Specs

Specifications & Dimensions
Wheelbase 102.4 inches

Overall Length 172.5 inches

Vehicle Height 49.4 inches

Vehicle Width 73.5 inches

Curb Weight 3461 lbs

Seating Capacity 2/2 passengers

Final Assembly Location England

Brakes
Antilock Brakes Standard

Front and rear ventilated disc Standard

Braking assist Standard

Braking Distance in Feet(60mph - 0mph) 113.0ft

Drive
Rear wheel drive Standard

6-speed manual transmission Standard

Rear limited slip differential Standard

Engine
4.3L V8 380 hp gas Standard

Number of cylinders: 8

Number of valves: 32

Timing: Variable valve timing

Camshaft: Double overhead cam (DOHC)

Horsepower: 380 hp @ 7300 rpm

Torque: 302 ft-lbs @ 5000 rpm

Acceleration in Seconds (0-60mph): 5.1

Fuel Type: Premium unleaded fuel

Fuel Capacity (gallons): 20.2

Fuel Economy (City/Hwy): 13/19

Suspension
Four-wheel independent suspension Standard

Front and rear stabilizer bar Standard

Wheels
18 x 9.5 in. alloy Standard

Tires, P275/40R18 Z Standard

Tire type, performance Standard

18 x 8.5 in. alloy Standard front

Front Tires, P235/45R18 Z Standard

Last edited by Thericker; 01-14-2007 at 12:43 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: C6 kill!