ML55 AMG, ML63 AMG (W163, W164) 1999 - 2011 Two Generations

C6 kill!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-14-2007, 12:41 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
I don't think the AM has won any speed tests in any compro's I've read. The only thing I remember it being acclaimed for is interior (but not the wacky gauges) and exhaust tone.
Old 01-14-2007, 12:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
V12-Biturbo
Originally Posted by Rider1

Any now you're saying that your chevy is quicker than the Aston Martin???? Come on!

Dave

Read above smart guy....Before opening your mouth, why not check a fact or 2 next time? you really look making these statements...
Old 01-14-2007, 12:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'08 CL63
I was referring to the statement "And it didn't just beat them by a bit...it thrashed them".

Dave
Old 01-14-2007, 12:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
Any now you're saying that your chevy is quicker than the Aston Martin???? Come on!

Dave

Are you kidding? I'll use your line---"Oh come on"

Now how is what you say above, explaining your over confidence jumping the gun, and stating the C6 is slower than the AM Vantage?

You just assumed it didn't you? you know what they say? when you assume things?

Sorry you can't weasle your way out of this overzealous blunder

Last edited by Thericker; 01-14-2007 at 12:58 AM.
Old 01-14-2007, 01:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

mymbonline
Originally Posted by Thericker
Are you kidding? I'll use your line---"Oh come on"

Now how is what you say above, explaining your over confidence jumping the gun, and stating the C6 is slower than the AM Vantage?

You just assumed it didn't you? you know what they say? when you assume things?

Sorry you can't weasle your way out of this overzealous blunder
+1

he got you there rider

why are you guys still arguin about this?

c6>ml63 in a fair drag race. (period)

if you think other wise then you need help
Old 01-14-2007, 08:39 AM

'08 CL63
Originally Posted by AMG_55
+1

he got you there rider

You're right!

Dave
Old 01-14-2007, 11:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
You're right!

Dave
Jimmy Swaggert, finally admits he was wrong
Old 01-15-2007, 11:21 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

W211 E55

I've never hit the drag strip......

'Nuff said.

Mag racing is for the weak.
Old 01-15-2007, 04:41 PM
Banned

nice ownage improviz

+1

he got you there rider

So, are you finally seeing the light AMG 55?

This coming from the tool that claims that I got owned.

As far as your friend the clown,
it's best to ignore children and idiots.

Any time you tools want to come to the track to see what it means to be TRULY owned,
my PM is always open.

Ok.
You guys can go back to stroking each other in fantasy land.

The ML63 is still the baddest SUV on the planet,
but some of forum members make me want to laugh.

Last edited by TT C6; 01-15-2007 at 04:46 PM.
Old 01-15-2007, 04:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
Originally Posted by ChicagoX
'Nuff said.

Mag racing is for the weak.
Sorry Mr. big drag racer man I street race, yes it's illegal, but my rational is you wreck your car at the Auto X, or Drag strip, Car insurance will not pay a DIME, But if I do the same w/in reason on the street, guess what big man?

Insurance will pay the entire bill...NUFF SAID!!
Old 01-15-2007, 05:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

mymbonline
Originally Posted by TT C6

Any time you tools want to come to the track to see what it means to be TRULY owned,
my PM is always open.

Ok.

what light stupid?
its not my fault you dont know math, you did get owned (once more, nice ownage impro )

i never said that in a fair race the ml63 is faster, did i?
find it for me?

tracks are for pussies, ive been a few times to see what my clk could run, thats about it.

you wanna race?
lets hit up a freeway or a canyon

is that what you fantasise about? 2 dudes stroking each other, your ****in sick
Old 01-16-2007, 12:31 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

W211 E55
Sorry Mr. big drag racer man I street race, yes it's illegal, but my rational is you wreck your car at the Auto X, or Drag strip, Car insurance will not pay a DIME, But if I do the same w/in reason on the street, guess what big man?

Insurance will pay the entire bill...NUFF SAID!!
I'm willing to take responsibility for my actions, including paying for my mistakes. If you can't afford to pay, don't play.

Your "street" activities risk death, jail, dismemberment. I'm sure glad your insurance company will bail you out and resurrect the family of four you t-boned while racing on public roads.

BTW, YOU brought up street racing, not me. I simply said mag racing is for the weak, and pointed out that for all your big-man talk, you have zero experience in a timed racing environment.

I'm not taking anything away from your plastic fantastic.....far from it. I am looking at a 'Vette for a track car. They go fast, turn well, and are basically disposable. Enjoy it while you can.

FWIW, my insurance carrier covers me at RoadAmerica. Swing and a miss, sweetie.

P.S. (The word you are looking for is rationale.)

Last edited by ChicagoX; 01-16-2007 at 12:35 PM.
Old 01-16-2007, 05:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
I'm willing to take responsibility for my actions, including paying for my mistakes. If you can't afford to pay, don't play.

Your "street" activities risk death, jail, dismemberment. I'm sure glad your insurance company will bail you out and resurrect the family of four you t-boned while racing on public roads.

BTW, YOU brought up street racing, not me. I simply said mag racing is for the weak, and pointed out that for all your big-man talk, you have zero experience in a timed racing environment.

I'm not taking anything away from your plastic fantastic.....far from it. I am looking at a 'Vette for a track car. They go fast, turn well, and are basically disposable. Enjoy it while you can.

FWIW, my insurance carrier covers me at RoadAmerica. Swing and a miss, sweetie.

P.S. (The word you are looking for is rationale.)
Boy are you full of yourself I'm not your sweetie wierdo

No I don't race in areas where I'll be having any chance of T-boning a family of 4 when's the last time that happened on an empty freeway? I can pay for gas smart *** I'd love to see this Roadamerica Ins. you speak of? Does it include Drag Racing??? thought not

The Drags are overrated, all I ever read about w/you Drag fans, is Ohhh that track wasn't prepped right, that's why I went so slow, and this one has better DA, you can't compare those track results that track is perfect, I can't drive that far to run there, that track must be uphill, there's fluids all over that track, there timing equipment must be off, etc.. you allways have a lame excuse even if I ran at a track! Stick It! Dorthy...

No need to worry about my C6, she's holding up just great!

PS thanks for correcting my misspelled word, you over pretentious, Jack ***

Last edited by Thericker; 01-16-2007 at 06:02 PM.
Old 01-17-2007, 10:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG

You did get owned, idiot. I provided numbers and figures to back up what I'm saying, and you have refuted not one single point.

Not one.

All you've done is act like a five year old, sqwaking over and over like a stupid morose parrot that we're all living in fantasy land for believing that a Corvette would lose to an ML63 with a one second head start, which is what was described in this race.

And simple first grade math proves this.

You, being too ignorant and stupid to understand this, haven't even begun to comprehend it, let alone present any sort of counterargument, other to keep chanting your usual idiotic "fantasy land" refrain over and over like one of Kipling's monkeys.

Which translates to "it's best not to debate with people who are mopping up the floor with you. better to act the fool, repeat stupid slogans over and over, and hope nobody notices".

I again challenge you: point out one error in any argument I've put forth in this thread. I never said the C6 would lose without the ML getting a head start. I argued in my first post and several subsequent ones that the ML would lose in a start-at-the-same-time race.

But either you're too lazy to even read what I wrote, or are just as poor at comprehending english as you are are at comprehending first grade mathematics.

So why not dispense with the insults, step up like a man, and show me where the facts I presented are wrong, parrot? What's wrong? No sack?

Answer: you know the facts show you're wrong. 13.5 < 13.3. End of story.

Or, do you truly believe that if your car runs a 12.5 and you start one second after a 13.3 car, you would win? So how much of a head start would a 13.3 have to get on you, there, Einstein, to beat your 12.5 second car in the 1/4? Two seconds? Three? Ten? One hundred? Infinite? No matter how much of a head start he got, he could never win?

A faster car can lose to a slower car. Happens all the time.

my PM is always open.
This would be the magical track of TT C6, where faster cars never lose, because all of their drivers are perfect robots who do not make mistakes? What color is the sun at this track, TT? Pink? Is Tinker Bell there? Dancing purple elephants? Fortune-telling horses?

Any time you can go to a track in our world in a stock C6, spot an ML63 a second as described in this race, and win, be sure to get it on videotape, moron. The only tool here is you, for being too stupid and ignorant to concede what anyone who comprehends first grade math can comprehend:

12.5 + 1 = 13.5.

13.3 < 13.5.

1 + 1 = 2.

Ok.
Yes, with our actual numbers and mathematics....what are these numbers?? These math??? MUHAHAHAH!!! Better to live in the Bizarro World of TT C6, where 13.5 is actually *less* than 13.3.

Yes, well, severe brain impairment does that to people.

Last edited by Improviz; 01-17-2007 at 02:01 PM.
Old 01-17-2007, 11:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'08 M5, '10 Land Cruiser
Originally Posted by Improviz
Y12.5 + 1 = 13.5.

13.3 < 13.5.

1 + 1 = 2.

Owned. Just stay down and wait for the countout. Your humiliation is painful to read
Old 01-17-2007, 12:47 PM

Whatever I feel like
Originally Posted by BlackSRT8.
2006 Marine Blue Cayenne Turbo S
2004 Yellow Porsche 911 Turbo Cabriolet
2007 Black ML63 Amg
2006 Lime Green Gallardo Egear
2004 Black SL600 Sport Renntech Upgrades
2005 Silver Infiniti FX45 (sold)
2005 Red Murcielago Egear (sold)
2004 Black Porsche Cayenne Turbo (sold)
2005 Red SRT-10 Viper (sold)
2005 Stealth Gray CTS-V (sold)
2005 Black Infiniti FX45 (sold)
2005 Black BMW Z4 (sold)
----------------------------------------------------------------------
<H3>LIAR!!!!!
MORON!!!!!
Old 01-17-2007, 05:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
Yo Impro! I hate to disagree w/ya but I don't see the 1 Second head start here?

Originally Posted by eagleeye
So, I was at a light turning left. There was a guy in a C6 convertible on my right. Both lanes turned left. It was late with no other cars on the road. Light turns green, we both turn. About a quarter mile from the light the two lanes merge into one. I am about one half to one car ahead while turning since i am on the inside. Well, I see and hear him accelerate to make sure he is in front at the merging of the two lanes. I hit it to the floor and I see him also try his darndest to get by me. Both vehicles are screaming but guess what....I slowly pull away and at 90-100 he is defeated and he falls behind me at the merge.

Wish I could have read his mind......"damn got beat by an suv?????????"

sweet
Please re-read it bro, if anything what makes this race sound like BS to us C6 owners, is there is NO 1 second head start from the ML63 but rather a one half, to one (1) car length lead on the C6 when the ML driver sees & hears the C6 driver accelerate to make sure he is in front of the ML at the merging of the two lanes.

Then and only then after the described C6 is allready trying/accelerating to get by the ML, does the ML in his words "Hit it to the floor" then the C6 who is allready accelerating tries his darndest to get by the ML, but the ML magically pulls away and at 90-100 the C6 is defeated and falls behind at the merge.

If anything the described race says the C6 was alreaady accelerating/trying to get by the ml, then the ml hammers it and wins the golden trophy, and all is perfect again in Mercedes magical wonderland...

Sorry bro, no fighting here w/ya, just pointing out a few facts from the original post, I don't see the 1 full sec jump that you do, except that your interpreting the ML saying the C6 is merely accelerating slightly to get by him then the ml jumps him by a full sec? and then the C6 floors it?

I see it the way it sounds/originaly described the ml was ahead by 1/2 to 1 car length driving on a 2 lane road that merges into 1 lane, at that point he describes seeing and HEARING the C6 accelerate, (trust me the stock C6 exhaust sounds like a vacume cleaner unless fully hammered, you'll never even hear it) then after C6 is in it does our protagonist hero Super ML63 hammer it and w/both vehicles screaming the ml wins and everbody in Mercedes world is happy once again.... no 1 second jump by ml63......

Edit: remember not brawlin' w/ya man, I agree w/most you points just don't see it your way this time... I've already fought w/you before, and I swear it took 5 years off my life, don't want to do it again

Last edited by Thericker; 01-17-2007 at 06:07 PM.
Old 01-17-2007, 06:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
Please re-read it bro, if anything what makes this race sound like BS to us C6 owners, is there is NO 1 second head start from the ML63 but rather a one half, to one (1) car length lead on the C6 when the ML driver sees & hears the C6 driver accelerate to make sure he is in front of the ML at the merging of the two lanes.

Then and only then after the described C6 is allready trying/accelerating to get by the ML, does the ML in his words "Hit it to the floor" then the C6 who is allready accelerating tries his darndest to get by the ML, but the ML magically pulls away and at 90-100 the C6 is defeated and falls behind at the merge.

If anything the described race says the C6 was alreaady accelerating/trying to get by the ml, then the ml hammers it and wins the golden trophy, and all is perfect again in Mercedes magical wonderland...

Sorry bro, no fighting here w/ya, just pointing out a few facts from the original post, I don't see the 1 full sec jump that you do, except that your interpreting the ML saying the C6 is merely accelerating slightly to get by him then the ml jumps him by a full sec? and then the C6 floors it?

I see it the way it sounds/originaly described the ml was ahead by 1/2 to 1 car length driving on a 2 lane road that merges into 1 lane, at that point he describes seeing and HEARING the C6 accelerate, (trust me the stock C6 exhaust sounds like a vacume cleaner unless fully hammered, you'll never even hear it)
Well, that's your interpretation; admittedly, the post is somewhat ambiguous. What it sounds like to me is that the Corvette probably thought he was up against a "normal" ML, only went to partial throttle, and then after the Mercedes got on it, he reacted, stomped it, etc., as I described in my first post.

If the vette went to full throttle as you're describing, there's no way he could have won, in which case he's a liar, but I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt here. And the way I follow it is:

1)
I am about one half to one car ahead while turning since i am on the inside
Benz owner is ahead;

2)
Well, I see and hear him accelerate to make sure he is in front at the merging of the two lanes
Corvette owner accelerates, presumably not at full throttle, because:

3)
I hit it to the floor
The vette would have been by him here if he'd gone to full throttle, and:

4)
and I see him also try his darndest to get by me.
this would be superfluous and redundant had the Corvette gone to full throttle in 2).

Admittedly, it is ambiguous, but that's the sequence I interpreted, and why.

Originally Posted by eagleeye
So, I was at a light turning left. There was a guy in a C6 convertible on my right. Both lanes turned left. It was late with no other cars on the road. Light turns green, we both turn. About a quarter mile from the light the two lanes merge into one. I am about one half to one car ahead while turning since i am on the inside. Well, I see and hear him accelerate to make sure he is in front at the merging of the two lanes. I hit it to the floor and I see him also try his darndest to get by me. Both vehicles are screaming but guess what....I slowly pull away and at 90-100 he is defeated and he falls behind me at the merge.

Wish I could have read his mind......"damn got beat by an suv?????????"

sweet
then after C6 is in it does our protagonist hero Super ML63 hammer it and w/both vehicles screaming the ml wins and everbody in Mercedes world is happy once again.... no 1 second jump by ml63......
Dude...why is it exactly that you've got such a hardon for Mercedes owners? Why is it that every time someone posts a kill of a Corvette, which any of us could afford if it was our desire to own one, you have to appoint yourself the Crusader for 'vettedom, and start making bigoted remarkes about all Mercedes owners? This is a friggin' Mercedes forum, Ricker, and I guarangoddamntee you that if you go to a Corvette forum, you'll see the same behavior, if not more so. People here, in a Mercedes forum, like Mercedes...so, shoot us.

People here are fans of the marque. What issue is it that you have with this, exactly? I like Mercedes. I also like Corvettes, and have written accordingly, and there are many people on here who own both. What about them? Are they hero worshippers here too?? Crap, go to a BMW forum if you want to see how much better it is here, and lighten up.

I like you, but this Mercedes-owner bashing is getting old. If you are really trying to argue that all Mercedes owners are somehow more intellectually dishonest than Corvette owners, you're sorely mistaken. Myself and several other Mercedes owners argued in this thread that in a straightup race with both cars starting at the same time, the ML63 would lose, and I haven't seen anyone claiming otherwise for several days now.

So, what's with this this sarcasm about some sort of hero worship going on???
Old 01-17-2007, 06:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
Well, that's your interpretation; admittedly, the post is somewhat ambiguous. What it sounds like to me is that the Corvette probably thought he was up against a "normal" ML, only went to partial throttle, and then after the Mercedes got on it, he reacted, stomped it, etc., as I described in my first post.

If the vette went to full throttle as you're describing, there's no way he could have won, in which case he's a liar, but I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt here. And the way I follow it is:

1) Benz owner is ahead;

2) Corvette owner accelerates, presumably not at full throttle, because:

3) The vette would have been by him here if he'd gone to full throttle, and:

4) this would be superfluous and redundant had the Corvette gone to full throttle in 2).

Admittedly, it is ambiguous, but that's the sequence I interpreted, and why.

Dude...why is it exactly that you've got such a hardon for Mercedes owners? Why is it that every time someone posts a kill of a Corvette, which any of us could afford if it was our desire to own one, you have to appoint yourself the Crusader for 'vettedom, and start making bigoted remarkes about all Mercedes owners? This is a friggin' Mercedes forum, Ricker, and I guarangoddamntee you that if you go to a Corvette forum, you'll see the same behavior, if not more so. People here, in a Mercedes forum, like Mercedes...so, shoot us.

People here are fans of the marque. What issue is it that you have with this, exactly? I like Mercedes. I also like Corvettes, and have written accordingly, and there are many people on here who own both. What about them? Are they hero worshippers here too?? Crap, go to a BMW forum if you want to see how much better it is here, and lighten up.

I like you, but this Mercedes-owner bashing is getting old. If you are really trying to argue that all Mercedes owners are somehow more intellectually dishonest than Corvette owners, you're sorely mistaken. Myself and several other Mercedes owners argued in this thread that in a straightup race with both cars starting at the same time, the ML63 would lose, and I haven't seen anyone claiming otherwise for several days now.

So, what's with this this sarcasm about some sort of hero worship going on???
Man your taking this to hard, I'm a big fan of Merc's I used to own 1 remember? yes I'll blatantly defend C6 when I see BS, I like your posting style, but these earlier posts (not all yours) clearly show mercedes worship, to a blind leading the blind fashion....

I have also written countless positive posts on AMG's, & Merc's in general, you'd be surprised by how much Mercedes respect goes on at some of the Vette forums, most Vette owners are old farts who own multiple AMG's as well, & never race there cars, but just wipe them down w/diaper all day long...

You're going to far saying ownership of a new C6 can be had by anyone here there 55k brand new, I don't know where you're from but that's not chump change to me, and there are a plethora of bottom of the line & old mercs here, worth 20k or less...Don't be so high & mighty bro it's that type of mentality that gives most you Merc owners a bad name, I owned the S class remember? no biggie guy? just a kar....

As I described the stock C6 exhaust is so quite you could hear a mouse fart over it, ask any C6 owner, not until full throttle will you hear it, especially thru mercedes thick double walled window glass, I don't recall the original poster saying anything about windows being down? and enjoying the frosty night air?

I constantly stick up for Merc's on other Vette forums, but this ml kill is just that BS lies, or as I believe, and happened many times to me, not even aware the ml was trying to race until I see these types of drivers just floor it! and go wizzing by? I'm like did that guy think I was racing?

Anyway don't take my comments so harshly...... not a fan of any one sole breed, I'm giving an honest take on a 5000lb 13 sec suv besting a 3100 C6..that's it..
Yes I have questioned other Vette kills, and will continue to do so, if they sound outlandish as does this one.... So where was it you gathered the full 1 second jump by the ML63 again???

Yeah, I shouldn't be so hard on Merc owners, but you certainly spared no insults on TTC6 member..... I just pretty much copied what you were doing to TTC6, implying he lives in a fantasyland purple horse shoes, pink suns, etc...

Last edited by Thericker; 01-17-2007 at 08:39 PM.
Old 01-17-2007, 09:40 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

W211 E55
Boy are you full of yourself I'm not your sweetie wierdo

No I don't race in areas where I'll be having any chance of T-boning a family of 4 when's the last time that happened on an empty freeway? I can pay for gas smart *** I'd love to see this Roadamerica Ins. you speak of? Does it include Drag Racing??? thought not

The Drags are overrated, all I ever read about w/you Drag fans, is Ohhh that track wasn't prepped right, that's why I went so slow, and this one has better DA, you can't compare those track results that track is perfect, I can't drive that far to run there, that track must be uphill, there's fluids all over that track, there timing equipment must be off, etc.. you allways have a lame excuse even if I ran at a track! Stick It! Dorthy...

No need to worry about my C6, she's holding up just great!

PS thanks for correcting my misspelled word, you over pretentious, Jack ***
Ban for overuse of smileys and failed math grade.
Old 01-17-2007, 09:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo

Ban for overuse of smileys and failed math grade.
Show me where I come up failing math? you are a JOKE!! NUFF smileys??
nuff said????
Old 01-17-2007, 11:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
Man your taking this to hard, I'm a big fan of Merc's I used to own 1 remember? yes I'll blatantly defend C6 when I see BS, I like your posting style, but these earlier posts (not all yours) clearly show mercedes worship, to a blind leading the blind fashion....
I don't think any of my posts show brand worship. I think that I, *after* entering the thread when someone PM'd me about it, argued that the C6 was absolutely, totally, without question a faster car.

That's brand worship??

Then, and only then, did I point out that such a win was possible, under the scenario I described.

I have also written countless positive posts on AMG's, & Merc's in general, you'd be surprised by how much Mercedes respect goes on at some of the Vette forums, most Vette owners are old farts who own multiple AMG's as well, & never race there cars, but just wipe them down w/diaper all day long...

You're going to far saying ownership of a new C6 can be had by anyone here there 55k brand new, I don't know where you're from but that's not chump change to me, and there are a plethora of bottom of the line & old mercs here, worth 20k or less...Don't be so high & mighty bro it's that type of mentality that gives most you Merc owners a bad name, I owned the S class remember? no biggie guy? just a kar....
The least expensive AMG, the C55, is more than $55K with no options, ricker. The ML63 runs $85,500 with no options. And a C6 with no options stickers out at $44.2K. So yes, any AMG owner here who bought their car brand new could afford a C6, and an ML63 owner could have bought two of them.

And my point is not to be "high and mighty" or anything else, but rather to point out that, simply, if we'd have wanted one, we'd have gotten one. And there are people here who've done exactly that, and I don't blame them; the Corvette is a great car and a world-class performance machine at a fantastic price.

Obviously, there are other considerations besides sheer, raw performance numbers that go into the purchase of the AMG cars. Shoot, I could've gotten a C5 Z06 for a lot less than my CLK and gotten far better performance in terms of handling and speed, but performance wasn't all I was after. Different strokes for different folks. The AMG cars are what they are.

As I described the stock C6 exhaust is so quite you could hear a mouse fart over it, ask any C6 owner, not until full throttle will you hear it, especially thru mercedes thick double walled window glass, I don't recall the original poster saying anything about windows being down? and enjoying the frosty night air?
Frosty night air? In Florida?? It is entirely plausible that eagleeye, the guy who ran the race and who lives in Florida per his profile, had the windows down, or even simply the sunroof open.

I constantly stick up for Merc's on other Vette forums, but this ml kill is just that BS lies, or as I believe, and happened many times to me, not even aware the ml was trying to race until I see these types of drivers just floor it! and go wizzing by? I'm like did that guy think I was racing?
Well, the bottom line is that you weren't there, ricker, and that these cars are less than a second apart, closer to 1/2 second in many mags' tests, and so many factors could go into a loss with two vehicles that close that it isn't even funny.

I would really recommend that you go to a track, do five or so runs, and examine how much variance there is, even with one driver driving the same car, with an automatic. Now extrapolate from this what would happen if it were a manual six speed. You and the other guy are behaving as though it is a foregone conclusion that each and every C6 driver, in each and every car, can go out and turn a consistent 12.5 all day long regardless of circumstances, and this simply isn't the case. It takes a great deal of skill and great reflexes to turn a 12.5 in a manual, and in my experience most drivers aren't that good.

And even when the cars are autos, reaction time makes all of the difference in the world. I ran a guy once and totally botched my reaction time, while he got a fantastic reaction time. Even though my ET was several tenths better than his, my trap speed was around 4 mph higher, and I was reeling him in like a fish at the end, he crossed the line first and got the win.

It happens.

Anyway don't take my comments so harshly...... not a fan of any one sole breed, I'm giving an honest take on a 5000lb 13 sec suv besting a 3100 C6..that's it..
Consider my story above, and also consider that this happened with both drivers lined up, knowing full well that they were going to race, and waiting for the same signal to begin the race--yet the faster car lost by several lengths.

Now consider that in this case, the only guy who knew this would be a race, initially, was the AMG guy. He got the jump, and the win. A plausible outcome? Sure. A fair race? No, but, well, hey: **** happens.

Yes I have questioned other Vette kills, and will continue to do so, if they sound outlandish as does this one.... So where was it you gathered the full 1 second jump by the ML63 again???
I explained this in my previous post. Reaction time alone is often 0.5 seconds, coupled with the time it takes to decide what action to take, to take the action, the time it takes to shift/vehicle to downshift, to respond to a dropped throttle...all of these could *easily* add up to a second, and in all likelihood would have been longer still if as is likely the Corvette driver was not anticipating this response.

Yeah, I shouldn't be so hard on Merc owners, but you certainly spared no insults on TTC6 member..... I just pretty much copied what you were doing to TTC6, implying he lives in a fantasyland purple horse shoes, pink suns, etc...
And who was it who fired the first shot, ricker, repeatedly claiming that I lived in fantasyland?? None other than TT C6. You're right: I'll hit back if I get hit, but he started hitting long before I did.

Last edited by Improviz; 01-17-2007 at 11:27 PM.
Old 01-17-2007, 11:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
I don't think any of my posts show brand worship. I think that I, *after* entering the thread when someone PM'd me about it, argued that the C6 was absolutely, totally, without question a faster car.

That's brand worship??

Then, and only then, did I point out that such a win was possible, under the scenario I described.

The least expensive AMG, the C55, is more than $55K with no options, ricker. The ML63 runs $85,500 with no options. And a C6 with no options stickers out at $44.2K. So yes, any AMG owner here who bought their car brand new could afford a C6, and an ML63 owner could have bought two of them.

And my point is not to be "high and mighty" or anything else, but rather to point out that, simply, if we'd have wanted one, we'd have gotten one. And there are people here who've done exactly that, and I don't blame them; the Corvette is a great car and a world-class performance machine at a fantastic price.

Obviously, there are other considerations besides sheer, raw performance numbers that go into the purchase of the AMG cars. Shoot, I could've gotten a C5 Z06 for a lot less than my CLK and gotten far better performance in terms of handling and speed, but performance wasn't all I was after. Different strokes for different folks. The AMG cars are what they are.

Frosty night air? In Florida?? It is entirely plausible that eagleeye, the guy who ran the race and who lives in Florida per his profile, had the windows down, or even simply the sunroof open.

Well, the bottom line is that you weren't there, ricker, and that these cars are less than a second apart, closer to 1/2 second in many mags' tests, and so many factors could go into a loss with two vehicles that close that it isn't even funny.

I would really recommend that you go to a track, do five or so runs, and examine how much variance there is, even with one driver driving the same car, with an automatic. Now extrapolate from this what would happen if it were a manual six speed. You and the other guy are behaving as though it is a foregone conclusion that each and every C6 driver, in each and every car, can go out and turn a consistent 12.5 all day long regardless of circumstances, and this simply isn't the case. It takes a great deal of skill and great reflexes to turn a 12.5 in a manual, and in my experience most drivers aren't that good.

And even when the cars are autos, reaction time makes all of the difference in the world. I ran a guy once and totally botched my reaction time, while he got a fantastic reaction time. Even though my ET was several tenths better than his, my trap speed was around 4 mph higher, and I was reeling him in like a fish at the end, he crossed the line first and got the win.

It happens.

Consider my story above, and also consider that this happened with both drivers lined up, knowing full well that they were going to race, and waiting for the same signal to begin the race--yet the faster car lost by several lengths.

I explained this in my previous post. Reaction time alone is often 0.5 seconds, coupled with the time it takes to decide what action to take, to take the action, the time it takes to shift/vehicle to downshift, to respond to a dropped throttle...all of these could *easily* add up to a second, and in all likelihood would have been longer still if as is likely the Corvette driver was not anticipating this response.

And who was it who fired the first shot, ricker, repeatedly claiming that I lived in fantasyland?? None other than TT C6. You're right: I'll hit back if I get hit, but he started hitting long before I did.

O.K. Improv, were both friends and enjoy a multitude of fast cars, but you have to throw your reaction time comparison out for this kill story, it was a rolling start race, once again I agree whole heartedly w/most your posts...They are a good read...

You made the "ANYONE here could afford a C6 if they wanted one" sound like anyone from this entire mercedes board not just new ML63's owners, I don't care who can afford what, I just think it was kinda low to be price dropping...

You fail to bring up the huge differnce in trap speeds for the autos in question varying by some 6-5 mph the favor being on the C6, those traps seperate the 2 autos vastly in a race....You know this, the ML traps are between 102-106 and C6 109-112...

And your really stretching saying the ML driver MIGHT of had his windows or sun roof open, he would've noted this, also how many times do you street race w/windows down up to 100mph as described by poster? me never, it gets down right scary at those speeds w/windows down....

You never knew about the C6 stock exhaust being so quite unless at full throttle, did you? The ml driver said he saw and HEARD C6 excellerate it pretty much proves my point....Meaning there was NO 1 full second head start by the ML driver, making the story totally implausible since it shows the C6 driver actually had the slight jump over the ml, and the ML63 still wins the race..

Yeah I didn't pay much attention to what you and TTC6 were saying till the last post, sorry my bad..
I'm over it we'll never know for sure and I don't care anymore.. Peace out bro....

Last edited by Thericker; 01-17-2007 at 11:50 PM.
Old 01-17-2007, 11:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
O.K. Improv, were both friends and enjoy a multitude of fast cars, but you have to throw your reaction time comparison out for this kill story, it was a rolling start race, once again I agree whole heartedly w/most your posts...They are a good read...
Reaction time is a factor in any race. It has nothing to do w/whether the race was rolling-start or not, only with how fast the Corvette driver reacted to the AMG punching it.

Oh, thanks for the kudos, btw.

You made the "ANYONE here could afford a C6 if they wanted one" sound like anyone from this entire mercedes board not just new ML63's, I don't care who can afford what, I just think it was kinda low to be price dropping...
Well, I certainly didn't mean each and every member of the board, but certainly anyone who bought a new AMG could...and again, wasn't trying to be insulting (as if a $50K+ Corvette is a poor man's car?? Don't think so!), but was simply trying to illustrate that yes, we know the C6 is faster, but we bought these things anyway, obviously for reasons other than sheer speed, nothing more than that.

You fail to bring up the huge differnce in trap speeds for the autos in question varying by some 6-5 mph the favor being on the C6, those traps seperate the 2 autos vastly in a race....You know this, the ML traps are between 103-106 and C6 109-112...
Trap speed can't make up for driver error, or a large jump. ET is the key here, and the two cars *are* less than one second apart. This is the tested time it takes each vehicle to traverse a 1/4 mile run. And if the Corvette driver gave away a second or more in total time to react, decide what to do, do it, car to react, etc., the math shows he'd lose. He'd be going faster when he crossed the line, but the other guy would've gotten there first, which as I said happened to me personally at the strip: I lost, even though I trapped 4 mph faster and was pulling him hard at the end...

So in that case had the race gone on for a 1/2 mi. instead of a 1/4, sure, I'd have caught him, just as the C6 would've eventually blown by the ML, but we're talking a short run here.

And your really stretching saying the ML driver MIGHT of had his windows or sun roof open, he would've noted this,
Not stretching any more to say he had them closed, as you did, am I? People in FL drive around all the time w/windows down; it's nice down there!

also how many times do you street race w/windows down up to 100mph as described by poster? me never, it gets down right scary at those speeds w/windows down....
Well, I'm sure that if he was out trolling for runs he'd have had them up, but this sounded like a more impromptu event to me.

You never knew about the C6 stock exhaust being so quite unless at full throttle, did you? The ml driver said he saw and HEARD C6 excellerate it pretty much proves my point....
Actually, I've both ridden in, driven, and heard a C6 coming/going (friend of mine's manager has one, we swapped test drives), and it's not really what I would describe as Lexus-like quiet in a normal exhaust note (a good thing, frankly!). If he was giving it half throttle, it would be audible.

I'm over it we'll never know for sure and I don't care anymore.. Peace out bro....
Sure, it's speculative, and the owner hasn't really chimed in with any clarification anyway....so if it's not worth his time, wtf are we doing here??
Old 01-18-2007, 12:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
Reaction time is a factor in any race. It has nothing to do w/whether the race was rolling-start or not, only with how fast the Corvette driver reacted to the AMG punching it.

Oh, thanks for the kudos, btw.

Well, I certainly didn't mean each and every member of the board, but certainly anyone who bought a new AMG could...and again, wasn't trying to be insulting (as if a $50K+ Corvette is a poor man's car?? Don't think so!), but was simply trying to illustrate that yes, we know the C6 is faster, but we bought these things anyway, obviously for reasons other than sheer speed, nothing more than that.

Trap speed can't make up for driver error, or a large jump. ET is the key here, and the two cars *are* less than one second apart. This is the tested time it takes each vehicle to traverse a 1/4 mile run. And if the Corvette driver gave away a second or more in total time to react, decide what to do, do it, car to react, etc., the math shows he'd lose. He'd be going faster when he crossed the line, but the other guy would've gotten there first, which as I said happened to me personally at the strip: I lost, even though I trapped 4 mph faster and was pulling him hard at the end...

So in that case had the race gone on for a 1/2 mi. instead of a 1/4, sure, I'd have caught him, just as the C6 would've eventually blown by the ML, but we're talking a short run here.

Not stretching any more to say he had them closed, as you did, am I? People in FL drive around all the time w/windows down; it's nice down there!

Well, I'm sure that if he was out trolling for runs he'd have had them up, but this sounded like a more impromptu event to me.

Actually, I've both ridden in, driven, and heard a C6 coming/going (friend of mine's manager has one, we swapped test drives), and it's not really what I would describe as Lexus-like quiet in a normal exhaust note (a good thing, frankly!). If he was giving it half throttle, it would be audible.

Sure, it's speculative, and the owner hasn't really chimed in with any clarification anyway....so if it's not worth his time, wtf are we doing here??
Yup, I agree, but the sound from inside the Stock C6, at part throttle almost sounds decent inside the cabin but from outside, seriously not exaggerating to prove my point here, the Damn thing sounds like a Vacume cleaner, you can barely hear it....

I let my buddy Mario from this board drive my C6, while I drove his E55, we did some rolling races, I couldn't hear a damn thing coming from my C6, especially over the nice rumble from the E55....Which from reading these boards is even louder w/the new 63 engines...So who knows??.....I'm over it bro lates...

That was my 1st mod, BB bullet cat-back, now it sounds like it should....LOUD setting off car alarms even at 1/4 throttle

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: C6 kill!