ML55 AMG, ML63 AMG (W163, W164) 1999 - 2011 Two Generations

Sirius on the ML

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-25-2007, 08:21 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
06 CLS55, 07 997TT, 07 ML63, 10 X6M, 11 Alpina B7, 12 997TTS, 13 G63, 13 MP4-12C
Sirius on the ML

Sat radio is not a factory option nor is it order-able here in canada, something about the lame crtc regulations or something. The parts department can't find out about the part #s for the parts either

So my question is any one here would know the part number for the sat module? I would imagine it's just another black box that plugs into the loop. At worst the car is not pre-wired and needs new harness but somehow how with the SAT button staring me in the face everyday I think the car is pre-wired and just needs the module.
Old 02-01-2007, 02:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Whoopsy
Sat radio is not a factory option nor is it order-able here in canada, something about the lame crtc regulations or something. The parts department can't find out about the part #s for the parts either

So my question is any one here would know the part number for the sat module? I would imagine it's just another black box that plugs into the loop. At worst the car is not pre-wired and needs new harness but somehow how with the SAT button staring me in the face everyday I think the car is pre-wired and just needs the module.
I called MB Canada and they told me that our ML's should be same build as the US as they are assembled there so when they finally release the option that it should be possible to "turn it on" or install it at that point... not anytime soon though. Thank god for the MP3 CD 6 pack player in the glove box!
Old 02-01-2007, 03:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
07 ML63 Silver Dead at 85k, 14 RS5, 05 SL600
And for the i-pod kit. It works like a charm-nice little holder for the i-pod below the 6 CD changer, charges the i-pod. The steering wheel controls work on the i-pod too.
Old 02-01-2007, 07:27 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
06 CLS55, 07 997TT, 07 ML63, 10 X6M, 11 Alpina B7, 12 997TTS, 13 G63, 13 MP4-12C
After some digging in the forum, it seems like we'll need a different wiring harness for the SAT receiver, the actual SAT module, and it seems like the headliner needs to drop to install the harness. I know the antenna will be located under the plastic section at the rear of the roof. While I was trying to stick the magnetic antenna from my portable unit I found out the roof is in 2 pieces with the last foot or so is plastic.

Looks like I might have to order the parts from a Seattle dealer and either have them or local dealer to install.

The MB i-pod solution works pretty good, I had it on my CLS and I am thinking of putting one on the ML63 also.