ML55 AMG, ML63 AMG (W163, W164) 1999 - 2011 Two Generations

ECU update

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-23-2007, 11:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'08 CL63
ECU update

I went to the dealer today for the Poly V Belt recall. They ordered a new V Belt and tensioner. When parts come in (couple of days) the job takes about an hour and a half to complete according to the tech.

However, he (tech) discovered that there was an ECU update (I think that's what he called it) and after about 45 minutes the update was completed. He didn't know what was changed.

After driving the vehicle for about 50 miles I have noticed the trans. downshifts smoother when coming up to a stop. Not that I thought it was objectionable before but it is definitely better now. And...my ML63 had a very slight lope at idle when in gear. About a 20 rpm rise and fall. It hasn't reoccured after the ECU update.

I've put almost 7,000 miles on my ML63 to date and still love the intoxicating power and instant availability. Seats are great too!

Dave
Old 02-24-2007, 12:59 AM

07 ML63 Silver Dead at 85k, 14 RS5, 05 SL600
Thanks Rider1. I will check to see if mine too needs the ECU update. The downshifting is agressive enough (in S mode) to make the modulation of braking a little difficult.
Yes isn't it really wonderful vehicle to drive? When I get into another car I realize just how quick it is. Very solid on the road and way too much fun. I wonder if, for day to day driving, the AMG recipe isn't a better one than the BMW recipe. I mean how often can you go around a corner at more than 95% of what the ML is capable of? And should you?
Old 02-27-2007, 12:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Rider1
I went to the dealer today for the Poly V Belt recall. They ordered a new V Belt and tensioner. When parts come in (couple of days) the job takes about an hour and a half to complete according to the tech.

However, he (tech) discovered that there was an ECU update (I think that's what he called it) and after about 45 minutes the update was completed. He didn't know what was changed.

After driving the vehicle for about 50 miles I have noticed the trans. downshifts smoother when coming up to a stop. Not that I thought it was objectionable before but it is definitely better now. And...my ML63 had a very slight lope at idle when in gear. About a 20 rpm rise and fall. It hasn't reoccured after the ECU update.

I've put almost 7,000 miles on my ML63 to date and still love the intoxicating power and instant availability. Seats are great too!

Dave

Rider,
is it just me, or does the picture in your avatar show the european headlights, without that ugly orange thing they put in there? If so, Where did you get the clearlight, I want one
Old 02-27-2007, 09:54 PM

'08 CL63
Originally Posted by Blue_Monster
Rider,
is it just me, or does the picture in your avatar show the european headlights, without that ugly orange thing they put in there? If so, Where did you get the clearlight, I want one
Nope just good 'ol USA headlamps.

Still lovin' the ML63 after five months of ownership!

Dave