ML55 AMG, ML63 AMG (W163, W164) 1999 - 2011 Two Generations

upgrade chip available ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-04-2007, 08:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AMG ML63, M3 CSL, Z4M Coupe, New Audi TT, Audi R8 (coming)
It does appear to be worthwhile tuning the ECU, but being in the UK I would be very wary of sending my ECU over the pond. Which is a shame really given how strong the pound is at the moment..

Likewise here in the UK we have tuners that use a kind of magic box that you just plug into your OBDM and it reprograms the ECU. You can also reset the ECU back to stock prior to going to a dealer and therefore reprogram it back afterwards (by yourself). There is no 'fee' for reflashing the ECU in the event of the dealer overwriting the programming.

I would prefer this type of approach, but need to look around and see who might be providing it.
Old 03-04-2007, 11:55 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cobra/E55
Originally Posted by DoctorD
It does appear to be worthwhile tuning the ECU, but being in the UK I would be very wary of sending my ECU over the pond. Which is a shame really given how strong the pound is at the moment..

Likewise here in the UK we have tuners that use a kind of magic box that you just plug into your OBDM and it reprograms the ECU. You can also reset the ECU back to stock prior to going to a dealer and therefore reprogram it back afterwards (by yourself). There is no 'fee' for reflashing the ECU in the event of the dealer overwriting the programming.

I would prefer this type of approach, but need to look around and see who might be providing it.
More info! I would love to see some dyno graphs