ML55 AMG, ML63 AMG (W163, W164) 1999 - 2011 Two Generations

upgrade chip available ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-26-2007, 02:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ML63, Audi s4 cab, SL 55 (sold)
upgrade chip available ?

A few people have been talking about performance upgrade chips, is anyone aware of any suppliers yet ? or is it still in development ? the same with upgraded exhaust systems?
Old 02-26-2007, 03:40 PM
Banned

Cobra/E55
Originally Posted by P4MER
A few people have been talking about performance upgrade chips, is anyone aware of any suppliers yet ? or is it still in development ? the same with upgraded exhaust systems?
We have software for the ML63's that was completed today. We are bringing the car to the dyno today to get some final hp/tq #'s...

Software for the ML63 will have a 14-day money back guarantee and a 3-year warranty which can be extended for a nominal fee.

I will post dyno graphs when I have them later today or tomorrow.

-Aaron
Old 02-26-2007, 03:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

95 Audi urS6 Quattro
Originally Posted by StealthAuto
We have software for the ML63's that was completed today. We are bringing the car to the dyno today to get some final hp/tq #'s...

Software for the ML63 will have a 14-day money back guarantee and a 3-year warranty which can be extended for a nominal fee.

I will post dyno graphs when I have them later today or tomorrow.

-Aaron
At a price of?
Old 02-26-2007, 04:51 PM
Banned

Cobra/E55
I believe the software will be $1,490. It will gain hp/tq, remove the top-speed limiter, and improve throttle response.
Old 02-26-2007, 05:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I believe the software will be $1,490. It will gain hp/tq, remove the top-speed limiter, and improve throttle response.
Thats a deal considering it costs 5 grand just to remove your speed limiter through AMG
Old 02-26-2007, 06:12 PM

01 ML55, 91 Supra Turbo, 05 Audi S4

What do you have for the ML55's??
Old 02-26-2007, 08:57 PM

07 ML63 Silver Dead at 85k, 14 RS5, 05 SL600
MB waranty

Hi Stealth Auto
Would the installation of a chip void the MB waranty?
Should I try to get it installed in Canada or is there a dealer in Seattle or elsewere that could do it? Last should I try to order Bulbs through PM or your website?
Thanks
Old 02-26-2007, 11:41 PM
Banned

Cobra/E55
Originally Posted by kokanee
Hi Stealth Auto
Would the installation of a chip void the MB waranty?
Should I try to get it installed in Canada or is there a dealer in Seattle or elsewere that could do it? Last should I try to order Bulbs through PM or your website?
Thanks
Installation of Powerchip software will not void your warranty because it is both visually and electronically undetectable.

Regarding software, most customers ship their ECU's to us, which is very simply.

To order bulbs the best thing would be to do so on our website. You will then be able to login and check order status, tracking info, etc.. If you have any questions please let me know.

-Aaron
Old 02-26-2007, 11:48 PM
Banned

Cobra/E55
Originally Posted by hanniep
What do you have for the ML55's??
Software for you ML55 will gain around 20hp and 25tq. Additionally, it will remove your top-speed limiter and will improve your throttle response. The cost is $990.
Old 02-27-2007, 12:48 PM

ML63
It will be interesting to see what the hp gain in the 6.3 is....

When you say it is undetectable, I gather that if they should find out , your warranty is void!!!!!!!
Old 02-27-2007, 12:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by MSDLTD

When you say it is undetectable, I gather that if they should find out , your warranty is void!!!!!!!
To avoid having that happen, Next time you go to service, Bring your Service Advisor a nice bottle of Hennessey. It works, trust me.

Last edited by Blue_Monster; 02-27-2007 at 03:27 PM.
Old 02-27-2007, 01:24 PM
Banned

Cobra/E55
Originally Posted by MSDLTD

We haven't had any issues with warranties being voided. I would say a quarter or more of all AMG owners have software of some form with no issues.

I wouldn't worry at all.
Old 02-27-2007, 03:41 PM
Banned

Cobra/E55
ML63 dyno graphs are here!!!!!!! Powerchip has gained some awesome hp/tq and on the 63 motor. Also, notice the dip in power at around 4,500rpms while running stock software. Powerchip flattens out the power band and gains much more hp/tq from 2,500-3,500 rpms.

Please feel free to contact me with any questions you may have or to get an order in.

Sincerely,

-Aaron

Enjoy...

Last edited by StealthAuto; 02-27-2007 at 03:44 PM.
Old 02-27-2007, 04:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

ML63 dyno graphs are here!!!!!!! Powerchip has gained some awesome hp/tq and on the 63 motor. Also, notice the dip in power at around 4,500rpms while running stock software. Powerchip flattens out the power band and gains much more hp/tq from 2,500-3,500 rpms.

Please feel free to contact me with any questions you may have or to get an order in.

Sincerely,

-Aaron

Enjoy...

Thats really impressive on a N/A motor. Im very happy with the results.

I cant begin to thank you guys enough.
These 63 Motors have a little german in the engine somewhere restricting all this power, and Powerchip Just ***** Slapped him.
I really appreciate it. I will give you guys an honest driving impression after I go pick the car up today.
Old 02-27-2007, 04:29 PM
Banned

Cobra/E55
Originally Posted by Blue_Monster
Thats really impressive on a N/A motor. Im very happy with the results.

I cant begin to thank you guys enough.
These 63 Motors have a little german in the engine somewhere restricting all this power, and Powerchip Just ***** Slapped him.
I really appreciate it. I will give you guys an honest driving impression after I go pick the car up today.
Thank you sincerely for the reply!~!! Lol.. I agree about the little German somewhere in the engine..

I can't wait to hear your first impressions when you get the cat back.
Old 02-27-2007, 04:37 PM

audi mb bmw
Very nice gains! I wonder what a properly done exhaust and possibly downpipes will do on top of this.

BTW, do you just reflash the existing ECU? I assume that would be a completely reversible process if I ever wanted to revert to the stock programming? Lastly, what's the turnaround time including overnight shipping to and from?

Last edited by masmole; 02-27-2007 at 05:16 PM.
Old 02-27-2007, 05:57 PM
Banned

Cobra/E55
Originally Posted by masmole
Very nice gains! I wonder what a properly done exhaust and possibly downpipes will do on top of this.

BTW, do you just reflash the existing ECU? I assume that would be a completely reversible process if I ever wanted to revert to the stock programming? Lastly, what's the turnaround time including overnight shipping to and from?
You're 100% correct, we flash the existing ECU after we backup your stock software. If you ever want to revert to stock there's only a $100 reflash fee. This reflash fee also applies to adjusting your tune for new modifications such as exhaust or intakes.

The turnaround time is VERY fast. If you were to ship your ECU on a Monday we would receive it, tune it, and send it back on Tuesday. You will then receive it Wednesday fully tuned and ready to enjoy.

If you have any further questions please let me know.

-Aaron
Old 02-27-2007, 09:58 PM

'08 CL63
You're 100% correct, we flash the existing ECU after we backup your stock software. If you ever want to revert to stock there's only a $100 reflash fee. This reflash fee also applies to adjusting your tune for new modifications such as exhaust or intakes.

The turnaround time is VERY fast. If you were to ship your ECU on a Monday we would receive it, tune it, and send it back on Tuesday. You will then receive it Wednesday fully tuned and ready to enjoy.

-Aaron
Could I bring my ML63 to your shop and wait while you reflash the ECU? And what is the cost please?

Dave
Old 02-27-2007, 11:04 PM
Banned

Cobra/E55
Originally Posted by Rider1
Could I bring my ML63 to your shop and wait while you reflash the ECU? And what is the cost please?

Dave
Dave,

You're welcome to swing by our shop to be tuned. We share an office with Powerchip

It will take about 2 hours to tune and costs $1,990, which includes a 14-day money back guarantee and a 3-year warranty.

If you have any questions please let me know, I'll be glad to help.

-Aaron
Old 02-27-2007, 11:32 PM

'08 CL63
Dave,

You're welcome to swing by our shop to be tuned. We share an office with Powerchip

It will take about 2 hours to tune and costs $1,990, which includes a 14-day money back guarantee and a 3-year warranty.

If you have any questions please let me know, I'll be glad to help.

-Aaron
Earlier in this thread you mentioned a cost of $1490. Would that be if I sent you my ECU instead of me bringing my vehicle to you and have you do it?

Dave
Old 02-27-2007, 11:38 PM

'08 CL63
What happens to your ECU reprogramming when the dealer does an ECU upgrade like my ML63 just had done, which was not the reason I brought the vehicle in for service? And wouldn't the dealer's diagnostic system notice the non stock programming?

Thanks,
Dave
Old 02-28-2007, 12:12 AM
Banned

Cobra/E55
Earlier in this thread you mentioned a cost of $1490. Would that be if I sent you my ECU instead of me bringing my vehicle to you and have you do it?

Dave
I wasn't positive on the initial cost of $1,490 and after 2 full days on the dyno Powerchip corporate decided to maintain the $1,990 cost, which is significantly less than other tuners and hardware parts.

What happens to your ECU reprogramming when the dealer does an ECU upgrade like my ML63 just had done, which was not the reason I brought the vehicle in for service? And wouldn't the dealer's diagnostic system notice the non stock programming?

Thanks,
Dave
If the dealer were to ever give you updated stock software, which rarely occurs, Powerchip only charges a $100 fee to reflash you with their software.

Regarding the dealer's diagnostic system, programming will not be noticed. Since changes are made using your stock software as a base, your tune in essence isn't changing, rather the parameters within the tune...

Old 03-01-2007, 11:36 AM

[QUOTE=
If you have any further questions please let me know. [/QUOTE]

-----------------------------------------

How do you physically go about removing the ECU? How difficult is this process?

I assume that there must be a tradeoff with fuel economy to get this extra power. Does anyone have any idea how much of a hit?

I can only get fuel with a RON of 91 in my area. Does this effect the flash parameters and advertised gains?

What does this flash do to idling and everyday non-spirited driving? Does it throw out the ESP calibration?

What happens if the ECU gets fried for some unexpected reason during the flash?

Does the car continue to 'learn' your pattern of acceleration etc after the flash or is it fixed? If you don't drive it hard after the flash does it 'de-learn' the extra boost?

Is there a role for the Sprinter in conjunction with this?

Thanks

Last edited by Eye_Candy; 03-01-2007 at 11:41 AM.
Old 03-01-2007, 12:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Eye_Candy
-----------------------------------------

How do you physically go about removing the ECU? How difficult is this process?

I assume that there must be a tradeoff with fuel economy to get this extra power. Does anyone have any idea how much of a hit?

I can only get fuel with a RON of 91 in my area. Does this effect the flash parameters and advertised gains?

What does this flash do to idling and everyday non-spirited driving? Does it throw out the ESP calibration?

What happens if the ECU gets fried for some unexpected reason during the flash?

Does the car continue to 'learn' your pattern of acceleration etc after the flash or is it fixed? If you don't drive it hard after the flash does it 'de-learn' the extra boost?

Is there a role for the Sprinter in conjunction with this?

Thanks

My fuel economy has went from 9.5 to 10.6 in the last two days.

This does not throw off any kind of esp calibration.

This is all that you would need for everyday non spirited driving.

Defintely does not de-learn the boost. This is a permanent mod.

The only role for the sprinter after this mod is to unplug the sprinter and throw it away.

Last edited by Blue_Monster; 03-01-2007 at 12:11 PM.
Old 03-01-2007, 02:13 PM
Banned

Cobra/E55
Blue Monster, thanks for the awesome reply bro!!! I'm glad all is well.

Eye Candy, regarding fuel consumption, with Powerchip performance software you will experience improved fuel economy due to your engine running more efficiently.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: upgrade chip available ?