ML55 AMG, ML63 AMG (W163, W164) 1999 - 2011 Two Generations

ML63 Wood/Leather Steering Wheel - Update

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-10-2007, 12:02 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
1961 Mercedes-Benz 190SL and 2016 BMW X5M
ML63 Wood/Leather Steering Wheel - Update

I am interested in getting a very nice matching burl walnut/leather steering wheel for the ML63 that I have on order. I was told by my M-B Dealer that the optional wood steering wheel is the same one that is available on all other M-series vehicles, which happens to not be as thick as the AMG leather wheel. (Which was confirmed by Black&Tan AMG on an earlier post) I don't know if it is available with the rear button (as opposed to paddle), shifters. But in any event, I don't want to sacrifice the greater thickness of the leather AMG wheel or having the rear shifters.

After reading a number of other threads in the E-Series AMG section I have discovered several German aftermarket suppliers of very nice burl walnut wood / leather steering wheels that are as thick as the std. AMG leather wheel. The one that I like is from MP Design & Technik GmbH in Munich, Germany. At this point, I don't know if it has the shifter buttons on the back of the wheel. Also, I don't know the price + shipping costs, or installation by M-B dealer, but judging from what the E-Series wheel costs I think I am looking at almost $1,400., rather pricey to say the least. Here is a web site link to view what it looks like:

http://www.mp-des********

(go to "Mercedes" and then "Parts foir Mercedes M-Class W164)

Does anyone here have a similar interest in this type of "beefed up", nicely crafted wood/leather steering wheel that is a noticable step up from the optional steering wheel version available directly from M-B? Also, have you done any research and, if so what have you found? I am very curious..... Thanks!

AVB-AMG