ML55 AMG, ML63 AMG (W163, W164) 1999 - 2011 Two Generations

ML63 Sold today

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-21-2008, 01:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CL 600 Bi-Turbo
ML63 Sold today

I sold my wife's ML63 today's guys as she wanted to get back into an X5.

I have a Sprintbooster for sale for the ML if anyone fancies it, looking for £125 delivered anywhere in the UK.

If anyone is interested please pm me
Old 02-22-2008, 11:11 AM
Jo

2011 ML63
must be a sad day in your house hold.
Old 02-24-2008, 01:58 PM

CL 600 Bi-Turbo
Originally Posted by Jo
must be a sad day in your house hold.
definately not , the wife prefers the X5 by a country mile.
Old 02-24-2008, 03:34 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2005 E55
Originally Posted by sirees01
definately not , the wife prefers the X5 by a country mile.
I have been thinking about an ML63 or an X5. How about sharing your preferences of the X5 over the ML63? Thanks.
Old 02-24-2008, 08:37 PM
Jo

2011 ML63
well I have both the X5 and the ML 63. Both are nice to drive but my personal preference is the ML63, I like the power, the way it performs in during all seasons and it drives like a sports car. The X5 is also a very nice SUV comfortable to drive. Ok power. I guess if you want something average that is comfortable to drive with ok power get the X5. If you like something a little more sporty and with more power go for the ML63.
Old 02-24-2008, 08:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'08 M5, '10 Land Cruiser
Until the new X5 iS comes, the ML63 only has competition from the new CayenneTT as a dynamic proposition in the SUV world. The SRT8 is fast, but luxury and handling aren't up to par despite what the skid pan says.
Old 02-24-2008, 09:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Lotus Elise SLK55
Originally Posted by Carl Lassiter
Until the new X5 iS comes, the ML63 only has competition from the new CayenneTT as a dynamic proposition in the SUV world. The SRT8 is fast, but luxury and handling aren't up to par despite what the skid pan says.
X6 with twin-turbo V8 will give some serious competition to ML63 and Cayenne.
Old 02-25-2008, 11:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG
Originally Posted by Addicted2Speed
X6 with twin-turbo V8 will give some serious competition to ML63 and Cayenne.
Not untill modified! It only has 400 hp, so what competition is that?
Old 02-25-2008, 11:34 AM

CL 600 Bi-Turbo
Originally Posted by Can Drive 55
I have been thinking about an ML63 or an X5. How about sharing your preferences of the X5 over the ML63? Thanks.
here goes:
My wife does not like MB cars at all, it is purely a personal preference.
I bought the 63 purely based on the fact I got an incredible deal as the car was sitting in the NEW CAR Showroom & had not moved for 3 months.

The ML63 has the best engine I have ever had in a car (especially with the Sprintbooster fitted). The acceleration is effortless, & to be honest the car has so much power I never got to use half of it here in the UK so it tends to be rather pointless. The air suspension is also a very nice addition to the setup of the car, however there is far more body roll than you would expect in this car.
The AMG seats are by far the best seats I have had in a car & are extremely comfortable.
The down side to the ML is the poor quality materials used in the cabin, everything feels a little cheap & not up to the standard that I would expect of an £80k car.
I personally prefer the looks of the X5 as it tends to look far more aggressive & sharper than the ML.
What's the car missing ? refinement in the choice of materials. It just doesn't feel special enough.

The X5 4.8i doesn't come anywhere near the power of the 63, but as I stated earlier, I never got to use the max power of the ML.
Therefore the 4.8 is more than adequate for our needs here in the UK.
Acceleartion is brisk & effortless but does not feel anywhere as near as powerful as the ML.
Our X5 has adaptive drive & the body roll is virtually non-existant, far far better than the ML. We have 21" rims on the X5 & with the adaptive drive the ride is extremely comfortable, much better than I had even hoped for.
The cabin is miles better than the ML, it just oozzes quality & luxury.
I-Drive is so so easy especially if you're computer literate (as most people who can afford these cars are)

I have owned 3 MB cars within 7 years & I have been stung big time on depreciation on all occasions, I will not be going down that road ever again.

All cars lose a shed load of money, but I have found the depreciation,quality & refinement of BMW to be far far better than MB. It's just a shame we couldn't buy a X5 with a 63AMG engine in it.
Old 02-25-2008, 12:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'08 M5, '10 Land Cruiser
Originally Posted by sirees01
here goes:
My wife does not like MB cars at all, it is purely a personal preference.
I bought the 63 purely based on the fact I got an incredible deal as the car was sitting in the NEW CAR Showroom & had not moved for 3 months.

The ML63 has the best engine I have ever had in a car (especially with the Sprintbooster fitted). The acceleration is effortless, & to be honest the car has so much power I never got to use half of it here in the UK so it tends to be rather pointless. The air suspension is also a very nice addition to the setup of the car, however there is far more body roll than you would expect in this car.
The AMG seats are by far the best seats I have had in a car & are extremely comfortable.
The down side to the ML is the poor quality materials used in the cabin, everything feels a little cheap & not up to the standard that I would expect of an £80k car.
I personally prefer the looks of the X5 as it tends to look far more aggressive & sharper than the ML.
What's the car missing ? refinement in the choice of materials. It just doesn't feel special enough.

The X5 4.8i doesn't come anywhere near the power of the 63, but as I stated earlier, I never got to use the max power of the ML.
Therefore the 4.8 is more than adequate for our needs here in the UK.
Acceleartion is brisk & effortless but does not feel anywhere as near as powerful as the ML.
Our X5 has adaptive drive & the body roll is virtually non-existant, far far better than the ML. We have 21" rims on the X5 & with the adaptive drive the ride is extremely comfortable, much better than I had even hoped for.
The cabin is miles better than the ML, it just oozzes quality & luxury.
I-Drive is so so easy especially if you're computer literate (as most people who can afford these cars are)

I have owned 3 MB cars within 7 years & I have been stung big time on depreciation on all occasions, I will not be going down that road ever again.

All cars lose a shed load of money, but I have found the depreciation,quality & refinement of BMW to be far far better than MB. It's just a shame we couldn't buy a X5 with a 63AMG engine in it.
Nice write up. New X5 is certainly a nice car. However, in the UK I'd personally have gone for the 3.0 twin turbo diesel due to crazy petrol prices. 286bhp, 429lb/ft and 30mpg. A family member has a 535d M Sport and it's a great car. Range Rover Sport TDV8 is a good unit too. However, neither sound like a V8.

Enjoy your X5 and the OEM 21s are some great wheels.
Old 02-25-2008, 01:52 PM

CL 600 Bi-Turbo
Originally Posted by Carl Lassiter
Nice write up. New X5 is certainly a nice car. However, in the UK I'd personally have gone for the 3.0 twin turbo diesel due to crazy petrol prices. 286bhp, 429lb/ft and 30mpg. A family member has a 535d M Sport and it's a great car. Range Rover Sport TDV8 is a good unit too. However, neither sound like a V8.

Enjoy your X5 and the OEM 21s are some great wheels.
BMW diesels are very fine engines, the problem is I just don't do diesel.
Give me a petrol engine any day of the week.