Rate Thread

Old 03-06-2008, 12:57 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
08' ML550
for anyone towing with an ML-

FOR ANYONE TOWING WITH AN ML:
According to a few dealers I spoke with, Mercedes has discontinued
selling the adaptor that connects the 7 RV circular plug (On the Truck) to the 4 prong flat plug that is used on many trailers (including mine).

I found the Adaptor at Autozone-Distributed by by Hopkins Towing Solutions, p/n 47345.
Old 03-08-2008, 11:40 AM

'08 SL550 Sport, '11 BMW 550ix M sport
Thanks for the tip!
Old 10-07-2008, 11:40 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
1961 Mercedes-Benz 190SL and 2016 BMW X5M
M-B Trailer Hitch Recall

To all M-B ML63 AMG owner's with a factory-installed trailer hitch:

Mercedes-Benz has a new Service Campaign (Recall) notice for those of us with the factory-installed trailer hitch. At no cost to you, the M-B Dealer will install (weld) two steel reinforcing braces to prevent any problems, (short answer).
Contact your Dealer to get additional information. My ML63 is at my M-B Dealer today for a regular B/C servicing and will have this work done as well.

AVB-AMG
Old 06-23-2009, 02:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

EFF YOU JACKIE
Originally Posted by AVB-AMG
To all M-B ML63 AMG owner's with a factory-installed trailer hitch:

Mercedes-Benz has a new Service Campaign (Recall) notice for those of us with the factory-installed trailer hitch. At no cost to you, the M-B Dealer will install (weld) two steel reinforcing braces to prevent any problems, (short answer).
Contact your Dealer to get additional information. My ML63 is at my M-B Dealer today for a regular B/C servicing and will have this work done as well.

AVB-AMG
I see you are in dirty Jersey along with me. What dealer are you using? I am done with mine.
Old 07-06-2009, 06:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
PLAID
Originally Posted by ldangeli
I see you are in dirty Jersey along with me. What dealer are you using? I am done with mine.
I dont know Lou, BUT I am still looking for the girl in your Avatar with the white pants on? Find her yet????
Old 07-09-2009, 02:29 AM

2000 ML55/Kleeman Headers
Trailer hitch

for ml 430 WILL fit AMG55 2000. Go to uhaul and order the 430 hitch with the reinfocement plates and hard wire it with a converter from five wire to four through the left taillight, put box inside the cab ( accesory cover inside left by fuel fill pipe)and run wires through the tailight water gaurd gromet through the body out to the left light then tape this wire to the bumper to feed your line to the right tailight. Be careful removing bumper cover it may have a wire hooked to it. You should work out fine. I would convert al your trailer lights to led to limit strain on circuit. My tailights are led so I left the trailer lights stock. TORQUE all bolts and use red threadlocker. Time to complete about 90min if you know wrenches.