Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-05-2008, 03:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EFF YOU JACKIE
Originally Posted by Newzchspy
[/B]

Good for you, NOW you have the M3 and the 63 with NO problems!! Beast and Beast. Or is it beauty and beast? Or is it Race truck and track car?

Love the Brandeis quote, studied him a lot in law school..........
Quote rings true, kind of like the perverbial "flying pig".
Old 11-05-2008, 03:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
PLAID
Originally Posted by ldangeli
Quote rings true, kind of like the perverbial "flying pig".
Lou, the Pig is landing soon. They're going to make Italian sausage (Chicago style) out of him!! Parts for the C32 are flowing this week from Code III (they also do M3 and 135/335 stuff) and being installed and the ML 55 is getting an LET tune (they now have the equipment for it) from Wayne and Jerry this week. You'll have to put up with Stevie Nicks for the rest of my tenure here!!(at one time she looked about as good as your avatar!!)
Old 11-05-2008, 03:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

EFF YOU JACKIE
Lou, the Pig is landing soon. They're going to make Italian sausage (Chicago style) out of him!! Parts for the C32 are flowing this week from Code III (they also do M3 and 135/335 stuff) and being installed and the ML 55 is getting an LET tune (they now have the equipment for it) from Wayne and Jerry this week. You'll have to put up with Stevie Nicks for the rest of my tenure here!!(at one time she looked about as good as your avatar!!)
You have a link for Code III?
Old 11-05-2008, 03:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

PLAID
You have a link for Code III?
Sure, ask for Brandon at www.code3performance.com

He's also a sponsor on the forums here!! Been doing Benzes a long time and Beemers too.
Old 11-05-2008, 03:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

PLAID
Sure, ask for Brandon at www.code3performance.com

He's also a sponsor on the forums here!! Been doing Benzes a long time and Beemers too.
Code III made a 135i (2008) model run an easy 12.6 at 112 MPH with two guys in the car at Morrocco Raceway two weeks ago. he's got cooling mods and even more than whats listed on the site. You gotta ask. I think they can even do a ECU Tune through LET as well. Have to ask Wayne (ChicagoX) from the E55 forums, he's real good at that stuff.
Old 11-05-2008, 05:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

EFF YOU JACKIE
Code III made a 135i (2008) model run an easy 12.6 at 112 MPH with two guys in the car at Morrocco Raceway two weeks ago. he's got cooling mods and even more than whats listed on the site. You gotta ask. I think they can even do a ECU Tune through LET as well. Have to ask Wayne (ChicagoX) from the E55 forums, he's real good at that stuff.
Cool, I will check them out.
Old 11-17-2008, 02:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

PLAID
Cool, I will check them out.
Hey Lou, I should have kept my mouth shut about the trouble -free ML 55. Talk about a mess. Started the car on Friday morning and backed her out of garage. All of the sudden I hear a pop and fluid is flowing out of her faster than I can turn the car off. Well, it was the high pressure lower hose on the power steering pump. The bad news is, it covered my driveway in power steering fluid mess and oil dry only works so well. Good news is, its a known ML defect and its covered under some part extended warranty for known failures. Problem is, most dealers dont stock a LOT of AMG parts and it has to be shipped as it is a different part than the ML321/430/500 series part. Must be the cooler that is different?
Old 11-17-2008, 04:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

EFF YOU JACKIE
Hey Lou, I should have kept my mouth shut about the trouble -free ML 55. Talk about a mess. Started the car on Friday morning and backed her out of garage. All of the sudden I hear a pop and fluid is flowing out of her faster than I can turn the car off. Well, it was the high pressure lower hose on the power steering pump. The bad news is, it covered my driveway in power steering fluid mess and oil dry only works so well. Good news is, its a known ML defect and its covered under some part extended warranty for known failures. Problem is, most dealers dont stock a LOT of AMG parts and it has to be shipped as it is a different part than the ML321/430/500 series part. Must be the cooler that is different?
Thats sucks, but at least it isn't that bad. Its probably a diferent length or something simple like that. Could be a lot worse.
Old 11-17-2008, 06:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

PLAID
Thats sucks, but at least it isn't that bad. Its probably a diferent length or something simple like that. Could be a lot worse.
Its not the same part as the rest of the MLs, so I guess its coming from Germany?? Oh well, the R350 loaner with the electronic trans stalk is an "interesting vehicle." Like a Pacifica on steroids!!
Old 11-18-2008, 04:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

EFF YOU JACKIE
Its not the same part as the rest of the MLs, so I guess its coming from Germany?? Oh well, the R350 loaner with the electronic trans stalk is an "interesting vehicle." Like a Pacifica on steroids!!
Still loving that R? HAHA.. Just called my stealer asking about mount and balance of tires and alignment. 575.00! WTF!
Old 11-21-2008, 11:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

PLAID
Still loving that R? HAHA.. Just called my stealer asking about mount and balance of tires and alignment. 575.00! WTF!

I took mine to the local Firestone (reluctantly) and they actually did a decent job. Guy there used to work for Mercedes so he knoew the vehicle. Mercedes in the Chicago area is getting rid of people like crazy in service and they have to land somewhere!!

How's the Beemer???
Old 02-25-2010, 07:55 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
1961 Mercedes-Benz 190SL and 2016 BMW X5M
Update: 2010

Anyone else here on MBWorld.org want to say why they bought or leased a ML63 AMG ???

AVB-AMG
Old 02-25-2010, 11:13 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
08 C63, 07 ML63, 92 500E, 70 300SEL 6.3, 63 220 SEB Conv. Sold 02 G500, 97 E50,92 C280,71 280SE 4.5
My First SUV was a range rover, Have gone through 3 Range rovers, A land cruiser a Lexus LX 470 (still have this for the wife) A suburban, an Expedition and a G500. and Drove my Brother inlaws Cayenne Turbo for over 2 weeks. The ML has been the best one so far by a MILE! Got it used, I love the practicality of the space and utility of an SUV and the performance of a sport sedan! this is by far the most fun I have had in an SUV and Its the best all arounder out there.
Old 02-25-2010, 11:57 AM

Slow
Why did you buy an ML63 AMG?

My wife made me
Old 02-25-2010, 05:40 PM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
The turbo lag on my cayenne turbo s(06) made me buy the ml63(09)white on java with 21 in.wheels, the dealer prices for spare parts and labor(porsche),the flex of the body on the cayenne and the look of the ml63 is imo a 100 times better than the porsche.
and please I WANT HEADERS FOR MY ML AND DON`T WANT TO PAY $5000 FOR IT.i have cls55 with shorty headers,tune.pulley and filters and i payed less than $5000 but i think since it`s a new engine we (i)have to pay premium.
I love my ml
Old 02-25-2010, 05:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 77 Likes on 51 Posts
BMW, Tesla, Mercedes, Porsche
We bought our ML63 because we had a 2007 GL450 Premier Edition that was lemoned and bought back from MB and we didn't want to settle with a regular GL450 model, yet still wanted an SUV.
Old 03-23-2010, 12:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2024 EQE 43 AMG SUV
I bought mine because of our beloved weather here up in the European North. Had a C63 last winter and it wasn't that big of a success, nor was the M5 touring. Thus the ML63 and i couldn't be happier with it
Old 03-23-2010, 11:18 PM

2010 ML63
Going from an '01 S4 (lightly modded) to a ML63 for a few reasons:

Going from a 6 mile surface street commute to a 26 mile freeway commute (in traffic). I have to admit, I'm tired of driving a stick in traffic. I still want speed (it's about a toss up between my Audi and ML up to ~100) and think the elevated driving position won't hurt, either.

I'll miss the Audi through the twisties, but it has been a long time since I went even 8/10ths through the curves. As SUVs go, the ML is pretty capable - I may end up working on the suspension if it proves inadequate.

We'll be welcoming our first child in September and suddenly, a big ol' heavy vehicle has a lot more appeal than it did a year ago. If I get in a wreck, I want to 'win.'

My wife drives an SUV (RX330) now. That means that her car is the one we take for road trips due to the greater comfort, greater storage capabilities, etc. I want something more fun to drive on future trips. I'm also tired of driving her car to Home Depot any time I need to pick up anything remotely large.

I have a dog (lab mix) and as much as I love my dog, I will not allow him on the seats. That means I need to get a wagon or SUV. They stopped bringing over the E63 wagon, so...

I like all wheel drive. I'm a sheltered So Cal driver and have no disillusions about my ability to drive in slippery stuff (rain, snow, mud).

Lot's of luxury appointments.

Listen to that engine!! I've wanted a 63 in some form or another since they came out. This vehicle offers the best way for me to get one of those under the hood and satisfy all my other needs/wants.
Old 03-29-2010, 12:08 PM

ML 63 AMG
I bought mine because I got tired of my M5/ needed space/ and wanted more fun. Have two kids needed space and wanted to keep the excitement ALIVE !
Old 08-07-2012, 10:21 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
1961 Mercedes-Benz 190SL and 2016 BMW X5M
Why did you buy your M-B ML63 AMG?

Time to resurrect this thread....

By now, most people who are frequenting this particular forum are the second Owner's of these vehicles. I am curious to hear all of your reasons for purchasing a ML63 AMG.

Let's hear your thoughts please....

BTW - As the original lease-holder of my 2007 ML63 AMG, I ended up purchasing my vehicle at the end of the 3-year lease. Today, it has approx. 64,000 miles and continues to be an excellent long-range cruiser, drives and handles wonderfully for a mid-size SUV, looks great and, most importantly, puts a smile on my face every time I stomp on the accelerator.

AVB-AMG
Old 08-08-2012, 04:46 AM
kip

E55
Originally Posted by AVB-AMG
Time to resurrect this thread....

By now, most people who are frequenting this particular forum are the second Owner's of these vehicles. I am curious to hear all of your reasons for purchasing a ML63 AMG.

Let's hear your thoughts please....

BTW - As the original lease-holder of my 2007 ML63 AMG, I ended up purchasing my vehicle at the end of the 3-year lease. Today, it has approx. 64,000 miles and continues to be an excellent long-range cruiser, drives and handles wonderfully for a mid-size SUV, looks great and, most importantly, puts a smile on my face every time I stomp on the accelerator.

AVB-AMG
Thought Id post, even though I dont have a ML63 buying story. I thought about it for a long time, but after test driving it, I was convinced that a combination of a diesel SUV + sportscar suited me better. The ML was very fast, but consumption was horrible, worse than my E55AMg. I also didnt like the gearshift being up, and for its speed it felt a little high for my taste.

Other than that the looks and sound were wonderful! I could have bought it just for those reasons. If I would have bought just one car, this would have been it. SO instead I bought an SUV for the family and a 997TT for me, which then changed into the Panamera Turbo w/powerkit as the 997TT was horribly impractical.

Still love the ML63, it just didnt suit my purposes.
Old 08-11-2012, 11:35 PM
DNB

2013 ML63 AMG with PP
I bought my ML63, because I wanted to amalgamate the power of my Evo X and the 4wd and load carrying capabilities of my Great Wall X240 in the one car.

When I went for a test drive with my wife, we loved the car so much we put down a deposit that day (June 2012). Expecting delivery only late Dec 2012. Can't Wait!!!
Old 08-13-2012, 10:28 AM

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts
2018 E63 S (white wagon), 2016 Viper ACR Extreme, 2005 Porsche GT3 Cup race car,2020 GLE
bought it because my Viper ACR cant haul both kids and their football gear. The truck is awesome .

It's a great family truck when I need it be but when I am alone it does things that no truck of its weight should be able to do. For me it was between an SRT-8 and the BMW M truck. The Mercedes isn't as aggressive from the side at I would have hoped for (Needs some flaring) but from front and rear looks great . I liked it over the others for its style (although it was close in this dept), fit finish, love the new interior , great motor although I wish we could hear it more at idle. Over love the truck although it has a little more over steer then my 08' had. Still playing with tire pressures in the rear to see if it helps a little and plan to have the alignment checked maybe it's off from the factory.