ML55 AMG, ML63 AMG (W163, W164) 1999 - 2011 Two Generations

2007 ML63 Owners-check your doors

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-12-2013, 03:12 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
RR Evoque Dynamic, Benz Valente (work hack)
Wow that sux. My car was 2 yrs out of warranty and they paid everything 100% only because the car was serviced by them in the past.

They did the strip and repaint, put on all new door rubbers as well.

A year and 3 months on they are still perfect and corrosion free.

If your doors aren't very bad its the best way to go, other wise you will basically have to repaint the whole car should you have all the doors replaced
Old 02-12-2013, 03:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by xxGenericSNxx
I'm fighting MB on this right now. At first they said they'll pay 50% of repairs, so I got a quote of $4,800 to strip and repaint. Then when I went to proceed, MB said only if I buy new doors- total cost is now a whopping $12,300!!!!

I've reopened my case and will keep fighting. If MB won't pay for repairs I'll be looking into a class action lawsuit.

MB never made a recall nor have they admitted any fault. However, 100% of the 06/07 ML, GL, R vehicles I see in my service area have this issue on at least one door. Seattle, while a wet climate, doesn't ever salt the roads so it's definitely not an issue with that. It's just a crappy prep for the doors that's causing the issue but MB needs to confess.

BMW has 12 year rust warranty and at MB we're only left with the regular 4 years.... this is ridiculous.

Will report back what I find out.
How timely was this ...

I just literally got off the phone with my case manager and the verdict from MB customer care was that, because the car is out of the warranty period; therefore, there will be no financial assistance for the repair cost . . I had mentioned to my rep that I will further investigate the problem and will escalate appropriately. Now if that means a class action law suit, please count me in. By the way, I am NOT a happy law suit kind of a guy. I just need this thing rectified and address, that's all.

I also concur, BMW and other car manufacturers has 12-15 years warranty against corrosion., this is ridiculous.

Again, please count me in if you are going to the legal route. You can email me at evospec at gmail dot com
Old 02-24-2013, 03:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts
99 ML430, 01 CLK55, 07 R63, 15 E63 Wagon
So MB will only offer to cover 50% of my repairs. That still leaves me with a $6,000+ repair which I refuse to pay. I'm looking into class action stuff right now and have a lawyer friend trying to help me get in touch with the right contacts. I'll keep you guys posted on how it goes, and O's///C43, I'll email you once I find something out.
Old 09-08-2013, 05:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ML 320 CDI
Cool Start/Stop Ignition Button

Hi. I recently got myself a ML63 2009/2010 which came with the factory fitted Start/Stop Ignition Button. Before, buying the ML63 the MB dealer did a comprehensive report and for some reason did not pick up the problem Start/Stop Ignition Button.

The Start/Stop Ignition Button at random times, does not crank the engine, you need to times to try several times by press the Start/Stop Ignition Button before the engine cranks. Also tried using the Key and has the same problem.

However, once, the engine cranks all is fine & no issues.

Have anybody faced this problem and any suggestions what could be the issue.
Old 09-11-2013, 08:00 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
08 C63, 07 ML63, 92 500E, 70 300SEL 6.3, 63 220 SEB Conv. Sold 02 G500, 97 E50,92 C280,71 280SE 4.5
Originally Posted by schmick325
Had this happen too.

1 bolt snapped on the Auto gate arm side and a shop who 'repaired' it installed an incorrect size bolt, eventually stripping the threads in there.

I had to drill everything out and recoil it all.

All good now!

14 months since my door corrosion issue and all is still perfect.
Same thing re hatch bolt snapped twice, it was an easy fix though, in my case bolt failure seems to come from heavy use of hatch not corrosion