ML55 AMG, ML63 AMG (W163, W164) 1999 - 2011 Two Generations

Just bought an ML63 - Questions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-25-2011, 08:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
08 ML63
Just bought an ML63 - Questions

I bought an ML63 on Saturday - so far I'm enjoying it, but I have a few questions. It's a 2008. Appreciate any help while I get used to it.

I can't figure out how to see my Tire Pressure on the info panel. If I go to the menu where it's supposed to be, there's just a message that says Tire Pressure Monitoring Active, and to press reset to reset things. I tried resetting - no change. Isn't there a way to see the actual tire pressures?

I have a few other menus in the settings menu that don't match what I see in the manual - I seem to be missing some of the other options, like having the passenger mirror go down in reverse. Also, I have keyless go, but I don't see how to make the car lock automatically when I walk away. Do I need some kind of software update?

Finally, I don't have bluetooth, so I was going to pick up the module. Any difference between the -5878 and -6131 part numbers? I was planning to just pick a used one up on ebay for ~$100. Any pitfalls?

Thanks!
Old 07-25-2011, 09:55 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
05 CL65 AMG, 07 Ferrari F430, 03 Range Rover HSE
If you want higher phone compatibility and a unit that is updatable, you might want to consider the Viseeo MB2. More than a used MB on eBay, but less than a new MB one.
Old 07-27-2011, 12:05 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
RR Evoque Dynamic, Benz Valente (work hack)
Bluetooth works fantastic, even with iphone 4. I am not sure what version I have as it came with the car (bought 2nd hand)

For the mirror, on the door you will see the left and right buttons. Hit the left and a red LED lights up. This means it should dip when its in reverse.

No idea on the keyless go as I dont have it.

The TPMS works well, I havent seen pressures either but It lets me know when something is up. Had 2 nails in last 6 months
Old 07-27-2011, 08:07 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by serendipity
I bought an ML63 on Saturday - so far I'm enjoying it, but I have a few questions. It's a 2008. Appreciate any help while I get used to it.

I can't figure out how to see my Tire Pressure on the info panel. If I go to the menu where it's supposed to be, there's just a message that says Tire Pressure Monitoring Active, and to press reset to reset things. I tried resetting - no change. Isn't there a way to see the actual tire pressures?

I have a few other menus in the settings menu that don't match what I see in the manual - I seem to be missing some of the other options, like having the passenger mirror go down in reverse. Also, I have keyless go, but I don't see how to make the car lock automatically when I walk away. Do I need some kind of software update?

Finally, I don't have bluetooth, so I was going to pick up the module. Any difference between the -5878 and -6131 part numbers? I was planning to just pick a used one up on ebay for ~$100. Any pitfalls?

Thanks!
If you'd like a quote on an extended warranty, which you should seriously consider for a 63, email me the VIN# and mileage to brucem105@comcast.net.

Thanks and congrats on the car!

Bruce
Old 07-27-2011, 06:43 PM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
there is no tire pressure monitoring system on the ml,it`ll tell you a specfic tire is low but no numbers.you can buy one from ebay or amazon (4 sensors and a small wireless monitor) for about 40 dollars.as for the keylessgo you have to touch the door handel to lock an unlock the doors.
Old 07-27-2011, 07:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
08 ML63
Thanks all for the feedback. Definitely enjoying the car so far. Any warnings of things to watch out for? It has 20k miles and wasn't put in service until September, 09, so I have 2 years and 30k miles of warranty left - hopefully enough to iron out any kinks.