ML55 AMG, ML63 AMG (W163, W164) 1999 - 2011 Two Generations

Help! ML55

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-18-2011, 02:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ml55
Help! ML55

I have an opportunity to purchase a 2000 ML55 for $3500... seems like a good buy however it's got 280k miles. Runs good, passed emissions, seems solid and the current owners have put all but the first 40K on it and said they wouldn't hesitate to drive it anywhere.

Currently, the brake light flickers... I'm assuming it's going to need some attention in the very near future, and from the information I've gathered here that's a common issue with the w163 MB's. I'm avid diy person and very comfortable under the hood, but would like some feedback from you all whether this is something I should consider buying. I've not owned a MB, but have wanted one of these for some time now. Should I take the plunge??

Great forum! Been a long time browser.. thanks in advance for any and all advice.
Old 11-21-2011, 11:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2015.5 Volvo V60 Polestar
Originally Posted by seerawf
I have an opportunity to purchase a 2000 ML55 for $3500... seems like a good buy however it's got 280k miles. Runs good, passed emissions, seems solid and the current owners have put all but the first 40K on it and said they wouldn't hesitate to drive it anywhere.

Currently, the brake light flickers... I'm assuming it's going to need some attention in the very near future, and from the information I've gathered here that's a common issue with the w163 MB's. I'm avid diy person and very comfortable under the hood, but would like some feedback from you all whether this is something I should consider buying. I've not owned a MB, but have wanted one of these for some time now. Should I take the plunge??

Great forum! Been a long time browser.. thanks in advance for any and all advice.
That is definitely the highest mileage M113 I have heard of. I say its a gamble. How much longer can it really go? With just a couple repairs you could surpass what you have paid for it.
Old 12-21-2011, 11:45 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
00 MB ML55, 91 Toyota Supra Turbo(sold), 06 E500(gone), 03 BMW M3
Originally Posted by Nachtsturm
That is definitely the highest mileage M113 I have heard of. I say its a gamble. How much longer can it really go? With just a couple repairs you could surpass what you have paid for it.
compression test it? I sold my ML at like 160k or something(cant remember) and the engine was SOLID as a rock