ML55 AMG, ML63 AMG (W163, W164) 1999 - 2011 Two Generations

Fantastic Customer Services From MBUSA on ML63

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-22-2013, 06:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 ML63
Smile Fantastic Customer Services From MBUSA on ML63

Simply put, the customer care level from MB USA is absolutely top notch.

My family and I have owned many AMG vehicles, from S65 to ML63 and C63. I bought the 2012 ML63 in China last summer, loved it, so when I moved to Los Angeles, I bought another one in a heartbeat. (Paid three times as much in China, pain).

However, this particular one had constant trouble with its electronic control unit. It keeps thinking the engine is overheating when it is not, and shutting it down when I'm just driving along. I took it to the dealership and tried to get it fixed multiple times. In all, during four months of ownership, it spent 5 or 6 weeks in the shop. Finally I'm fed up and contacted MB USA requesting either a replacement vehicle or a buyback.

I went through some posts on this forum and other sites and anticipated a long and painful process of going back and forth with them. However, it only took them 2 weeks and I got a call this morning letting me know that they are gonna buy back the vehicle in full. I was certainly pleasantly surprised. This is how you treat your customers.

Had MB made this difficult, I certainly would not consider getting another merc any time soon. But this has certainly reassured me of their quality of service and have zero problem of getting another one. Even getting the same model again.

I know the post is long, but I just want to share this experience with you guys. If you own an amg, rest assured, you should be satisfied.

P.S. Absolutely loved the ML. Think some of the fit and finish can be improved on the center console, but overall, the interior is fantastic. I know some of the BMW owners keeps going on and on about how their cars handle and stuff, but honestly, how many times are you gonna take your car to the tracks. How it rides and feel when you sit inside is what ultimately matters, and nothing beats a merc at it. Since Audi isnt bring the rs6 state side, i'll look forward to the new e63.

Zou
Old 01-22-2013, 07:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts
99 ML430, 01 CLK55, 07 R63, 15 E63 Wagon
Glad you have a positive experience with MBUSA!

I'm currently working on a case with them over the workmanship of their cars. I hope they pull through for me. (Although in my previous experience with MBUSA they didn't help me with all of the mechanical issues I had with the car)