ML55 AMG, ML63 AMG (W163, W164) 1999 - 2011 Two Generations

Assembly line mistake?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-21-2013, 01:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 CLS63 AMG
Assembly line mistake?

I recently took delivery of a new ML63AMG. I just found out to my dismay that the car does not have a built in low tyre pressure sensor which all ML should have as standard. I do not mean TPMS but the standard low pressure sensor. You cannot even see that option in the command system on the dashboard.

I found this out the hard way when one of my tyres went completely flat and beyond repair. I took it to the stealership and they were also speechless. I checked my sales contract and the item is clearly listed there! Does anyone else have this problem?
Old 04-21-2013, 05:26 AM
GMW

2013 ML63 AMG PP
Sorry about that. Im in the same boat as you. Which country are you in? The reason I ask is that the TPMS is supposed to be standard but for some countries it needs prior frequency approval before being installed in vehicles for those countries.

Then to make things worse, the ML63 can't have the standard ESP based low tyre pressure warning system due to standard fitment of the active curve system, which will interfere with its proper operation.
Old 04-21-2013, 06:20 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Mercedes Evo II
What !!! Are you telling me you guys don't have the tire pressure on the AMG screen ?
Old 04-21-2013, 09:43 AM

2011 M3, 2012 ML63
Mine is in the display in front of the driver - not the central display. You have to move along the options until you get to one with the tire pressure monitor.

On the other hand, mine comes to front if a tire is low.

What country are you located?
Old 04-21-2013, 10:23 AM

2012 CLS63 AMG
Originally Posted by GMW
Sorry about that. Im in the same boat as you. Which country are you in? The reason I ask is that the TPMS is supposed to be standard but for some countries it needs prior frequency approval before being installed in vehicles for those countries.

Then to make things worse, the ML63 can't have the standard ESP based low tyre pressure warning system due to standard fitment of the active curve system, which will interfere with its proper operation.
Does it mean if I get TPMS, I can get round this problem of not having low pressure warning?

Originally Posted by WCH BOS
Mine is in the display in front of the driver - not the central display. You have to move along the options until you get to one with the tire pressure monitor.

On the other hand, mine comes to front if a tire is low.

What country are you located?
Do u mean you have low tyre sensor in the display in front of the driver? I do not have it. That's what surprised me and the tech at the dealer. I am in Hong Kong. If you have it, there is no reason I do not have it, active curve system or not. Yours is 2012 ML63?

Last edited by bacchus813; 04-21-2013 at 10:34 AM.
Old 04-23-2013, 02:44 PM
GMW

2013 ML63 AMG PP
TPMS is supposed to be standard on the ML63 because the low pressure warning system, that usually is controlled via the ESP is not possible with Active Curve. You can't choose it (TPMS) as it should be standard. However, if your country MB general distributor hasn't gotten the frequency clearance from your local government, then the manufacturer, won't install it. That is as far as I've found out so far.
Old 04-24-2013, 11:37 AM

2012 CLS63 AMG
Originally Posted by GMW
TPMS is supposed to be standard on the ML63 because the low pressure warning system, that usually is controlled via the ESP is not possible with Active Curve. You can't choose it (TPMS) as it should be standard. However, if your country MB general distributor hasn't gotten the frequency clearance from your local government, then the manufacturer, won't install it. That is as far as I've found out so far.
Thanks GMW, I think this is it. I went into the showroom yesterday and they listed TPMS as standard. I think they did not include that before and did not tell me. They are pretty slow in ractifying this though. I shall insist tomorrow and demand compensating me for my destroyed tyre. Let's see how it goes!
Old 05-03-2013, 04:59 AM
DNB

2013 ML63 AMG with PP
I don't think I have Low Tyre Pressure Warnings nor TPMS on my Australian Delivered 2013 ML63.

EDIT 12 March 2014: I DO have the TPMS on my ML63..... as it told me to top up the Air recently, which I did and the message went away.

Last edited by DNB; 03-11-2014 at 10:11 PM.