ML55 AMG, ML63 AMG (W163, W164) 1999 - 2011 Two Generations

Why I love my W164 ML63

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-16-2014, 10:54 AM

Received 62 Likes on 40 Posts
New, old Mercedes and REAL AMG's.
Why I love my W164 ML63

This very nice family lives next to my mother's house and it is a no-brainer that they like their Hondas (nothing against Hondas, reliable cars). The mother is a sweet lady and drives a CRV, the dad seems like a good man and drives a Civic Si (I believe that is the nomenclature) and their son drives another Si.

Pulled up in my ML, their son Introduces himself and we started talking cars. He started complimenting how luxurious the ML looks and all. I like to share the AMG experience with others so I took him in a drive around the neighborhood...he was looking at the navi screen, playing with the seats and out of nowhere I punched the gas.....HOLY CR@P the look on his face was priceless!!!

In his words (while hanging onto the oh s#it handle): "The neck punched backwards that makes you feel you're strapped to the tip of a rocket, ...and oh my GOD THAT naturally aspirated sound...all in a 5000lbs brute that can go anywhere!"...

And that's why I love my W164 ML63.

Last edited by MercedesDad; 02-16-2014 at 11:02 AM.
Old 02-16-2014, 12:33 PM

Received 58 Likes on 43 Posts
CL63 AMG
Just wait till you do it when it's modded like mine, you genuinely strike the fear into people haha. Pulled on a Lamborghini Gallardo (older 04-05) model with ease when he was showboating for his date in the car... It was absolutely priceless
Old 02-16-2014, 08:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 ML63 AMG
I know what you mean! The other day I piled 5 of my buddies in the car and had a short straight road in a private neighborhood in front of me. I stopped, rolled all the windows down and calmly just said "watch this" and proceeded to gun it! None of them had ever been in my car before, let alone an AMG. Some of them thought it was just a fancy SUV and had no idea, LOL! The laughter/look of shock was priceless!
Old 02-18-2014, 07:16 AM

Originally Posted by ML63 AMG
Pulled on a Lamborghini Gallardo (older 04-05) model with ease when he was showboating for his date in the car... It was absolutely priceless
Sweeeet...I have seen what you have done to you car. Your threads will be THE refferences to go when people decide to modify their rides. I know I did the resonator delete based con your feedback and dont regret it a bit. It has taken about four months for it to "cure" as mine isn't driven as much but I have noticed a much more "rich", "deep" growl lately.
Old 02-18-2014, 07:20 AM

Originally Posted by Rippin'AV
I know what you mean! The other day I piled 5 of my buddies in the car and had a short straight road in a private neighborhood in front of me. I stopped, rolled all the windows down and calmly just said "watch this" and proceeded to gun it! None of them had ever been in my car before, let alone an AMG. Some of them thought it was just a fancy SUV and had no idea, LOL! The laughter/look of shock was priceless!
Try THAT on a SC Range Rover

The AMG experience is unique.
Old 08-24-2018, 04:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ml 63
good looking than normal ml