ML55 AMG, ML63 AMG (W163, W164) 1999 - 2011 Two Generations

ML63 Issues

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-24-2017, 02:28 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
W204 C63 AMG
ML63 Issues

Hi Guys my dads Ml63 2010 10th Anniversary has a drivers side front shock issue the car droops on one side and there is the sound of air coming from under the front wheel .

this morning the car came up with ESP inoperative fault , its also been coming up with an auxiliary battey malfunction fault could this maybe be causing the ESP to have a fault?

We also have a non original battery in the car could this maybe be the cause also

any input would be appreciated
Old 07-08-2017, 08:38 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2007 ML63
Your suspension issue sounds like a leaking airmatic shock/strut. Don't be too frightened they aren't as expensive as they used to be and replacing them isn't that difficult either if you have the tools and know how. You can also purchase repair a kits for these . As for your esp and battery issue I would say the esp is linked to your suspension issue but I could be wrong.

Both main and auxiliary batteries are under the passenger seat (us vehicles) or driver for other parts of the world and should be done by removing the seat (correct procedure) everything has a service life and yours just sounds like it past that. I would get it looked at sooner rather than later as this battery does provide power for alot of essential electronics on our cars.

Good luck