Dfferent tyres on axles!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-14-2021, 05:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ML63 AMG (W164; 2007; 6.2L; 510hp)
Dfferent tyres on axles!

Hello!
As I'm new to MB I have a question about tires for Mercedes Benz ML63 AMG W164 - I bought a car and the previous owner has fitted tires of different manufacturers/treads on the axles but with the same size 295/30/22 (one manufacturer in the front, another in the back). Isn't it advisable to fit all four tires from the same manufacturer with the same tread? Isn't it possible to damage something when driving with such uneven tires?

Kristaps.
Old 07-15-2021, 06:47 PM

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
w163 55 AMG, w164, w210, w639, w126 , w211,w220
Car: it can have tires of different widths, treads, manufacturers but also sizes ... IF THE CIRCUMFERENCE OF ALL 4 WHEELS WILL BE THE SAME. Nothing else matters to the car. But everything else must be considered by the driver. I don't see a problem with normal driving in the summer. But when driving extremely fast, it's dangerous, because the tires at the front will have a different grip than at the rear. It's good to try it in the winter in the snow. I tried it once too. If the 2 + 2 condition is ever necessary, then always better tires in front. I always buy new tires for the winter and I enjoy fantastic traction. And look for tires that will suit you. I found out that the brands that win the tests do not suit me. To this day, I don't know better tires on the snow than the Polish Debica Frigo 1. Debica has always been an outsider in tests, because the average is calculated and Debica is bad on the water, bad on the dry, noisy, but in the snow friends looked to see if it had iron spikes. 4 pieces stood together as 1x Michelin. Then came Debica Frigo 2, which was as average in the snow as anywhere else. Don't be afraid of tires from China. In the summer, I didn't have a Chinese tire that would be bad. I drive very fast and I was really surprised. In the winter for PKW too okay, but for SUVs do not have such traction as the Bridgestone Blizzak LM-20.. They are okay for a normal driver, but I'm not normal and neither are my AMG horses. But for 4x4, always choose 4 identical tires - for your safety.