ML55 AMG, ML63 AMG (W163, W164) 1999 - 2011 Two Generations

Just bought a 2002 ML55 AMG! Have a couple questions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-14-2023, 04:02 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2003 C32 AMG, 2006 E500 4Matic Sport AMG
Just bought a 2002 ML55 AMG! Have a couple questions

Hey what's up everybody... I just purchased a 2002 ML55 with 145k miles yesterday! This makes my third Mercedes purchase, and they're all either AMG or AMG package cars. Here's a pic of it with my 2003 C32 AMG at the dealership where I picked up the ML (pictures below), and a pic of my 2006 E500 AMG Sport 4Matic as well.......

Anyway, I love the truck so far, and it comes with the (from what I understand) rare SuperSprint catback exhaust also! I just put new Continental tires on it today in the OEM 285/50/18 tire size.....

I have a couple questions....
1)The rear view mirror is loose (so is the plastic base where it mounts to the windshield, whats a common fix for that?
2)My automatic headlight switch isn't working as it should. When I switch to "auto" the headlights do not come on. I have to set the switch to "on".
3)When I have the ignition OFF but the headlight switch on, the dash lights turn on... But when I turn the ignition ON with the headlight switch on, the dash lights turn off. What could that be?
4)The headlight washers are not working. When I press the button, I hear what sounds like a relay click behind the dash but I don't see them spraying, I'm not even sure they raise... I'll check to confirm if they raise or not.

Thanks!

Old 01-25-2023, 12:59 AM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
ML55 AMG
Congratulations for finding a nice 2002 ML55 AMG. Photograph reveals in nice condition too. Mine is 2001 and it will get four new Continental CrossContacts in 285/50/18 like yours. Amazon has them so I plan to buy them next week and have them delivered to local tire shop. Regarding loose rear view mirror. Please note that it is very tricky to remove and replace it. I got a small crack in windshield and when it was replaced using vehicle insurance, the tech who came to work on it broke the rear view mirror housing. He would not compensate for his mistake, so I ended up buying a used one on eBay. My advice is to get someone really knowledge about it to fix it.