ML55 AMG, ML63 AMG (W163, W164) 1999 - 2011 Two Generations

Leaking Coolant from Hose - A bit of help identifying please

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-20-2024, 05:10 PM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
2009 ML63 AMG (W164) and 2017 GLE43 AMG (W166)
Leaking Coolant from Hose - A bit of help identifying please

Folks,

I recently patched up the front suspension on the beast and took it for a spin and it drove great - tucked away nicely in the garage for a week and came home to coolant on the floor. Looking closely and I see a cracked smaller size hose that leads from the top, to the right and all the way to the bottom while it reconnects to a metal tube then back to rubber hose again and that's where its cracked. I'm having a bit of difficulty identifying the part so thought you could point me to the correct one. Should I plan on replacing more while I am in there - (seems likely)? Actually not sure what this entails either so I'll look up the repair procedure in the manual. Not sure my hands are going to fit and/or if there's enough access from the bottom.

The hose connects to the top side here where shown with the yellow line. the bottom section is broken and shown in the next photo

So here's the crack on one of the smaller coolant hoses that runs from top, to the right, and down and under from what I can see above.

Is it one of these two hoses?

Reading the manual and I see - Step 12 is removing the bumper... and then work my way into it. Was really hoping to just replace that one hose somehow but will see... any hints though on the part or otherwise how to make this easier?
Old 06-20-2024, 07:28 PM

Received 148 Likes on 96 Posts
ML 63 AMG
No idea, sorry but free bump in hopes someone can chime in for you. Hope to learn from whatever you figure out since I’m sure this will eventually affect me too lol… 😂