ML55 AMG, ML63 AMG (W163, W164) 1999 - 2011 Two Generations

Lower control arm bushing. Avoid buying whole control arm.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-14-2015, 09:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 AMG ML63
Lower control arm bushing. Avoid buying whole control arm.

Does any body know if the bushing (pointed by arrow) can be sourced independently of buying the whole control arm?

Old 05-19-2016, 11:16 PM
SPONSOR

Received 151 Likes on 121 Posts
Mercedes-Benz CLK 550
YES AT K-MAC WE SAW THE NEED TO MANUFACTURE REPLACEMENTS FOR THESE 2 HIGHEST WEARING FRONT INNER/REAR BUSHINGS.

At the same time increasing the load bearing area and also importantly providing Camber/Caster adjustment.

OEM there is only front Toe adjustment (altering wheel direction)

NO CAMBER: to change tire contact angle to resolve costly, premature edge tirewear/improve traction, a result of curb knock damage, altering height, load carrying or fitting wide profile tires.

NO CASTER: to accurately fix steering pull, improve turn in and reduce dive/lift on brake and acceleration. Along with more high speed directional control.

Front kit #504016K at the same time includes/replaces the 2 remaining front bushings as well. These also are precisely (single wrench) Camber adjustable.

Kit comes with bush extraction tool and arms do not require removal to install.

FOR THE REAR SUSPENSION, we manufacture similar bushings with twice the load bearing area that replace the 4 highest wearing bushes. Again precisely Camber and Toe adjustable –doubling the existing rear adjustment range. Bush extraction tools included and also no need for arm removal.

Front 164, 166, 251 Camber and Caster #504016M $565
Rear 164, 166, 251 Camber and Toe #504026K $480

Front 163 (Camber only) #503916G $295
Rear 163 Camber and Toe #503926J $380

MB World members (USA/Canada) delivery $30 one kit or $40 front and rear.

Can pay by PayPal or use our Toll free number 1888 414 0762 for Visa or MasterCard.
Name:  504016 Cover.jpg
Views: 10181
Size:  14.3 KBName:  501426 Cover..jpg
Views: 10196
Size:  14.0 KB
Old 02-06-2022, 03:55 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C63 AMG W204
is there any updates due subject?
Old 06-13-2024, 01:29 AM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
2009 ML63 AMG (W164) and 2017 GLE43 AMG (W166)
Howdy! I have a 2009 ML63 AMG W164 and that was the only part of the Lower Control Arm that I wanted to replace. I could not find the bushing nor the part separately. Although when removing the lower control arm, this bit was easily removed with one bolt. Now I bought the bushings for the other two spots - but those look super solid on the existing.

The reason I care - for whatever reason this AMG line has lower control arms that cost an arm and leg! Over $750/ Each! I'm looking at over $1600 in parts for two Front lower control arms... meanwhile - For quick comparison... My 2017 GLE 43 AMG costs for similar control arm is about ~$250... or under $575 for both. And that itself is seemingly twice what the 350 models' would cost. Placing these lower control arms at 6X the cost of a typical 'cedes. Anyone care to explain?

So I tried and I tried to replace just the bushings I wanted. G'luck finding those! Someone may correct me but finding just the Lower Control Arm 'knuckle' for a ML63 AMG '09 is a no go - 'you must replace the entire control arm' said the shop.

Can't select just that bit of the Lower Control Arm - just the whole thing!

I decided to buy the entire front lower control arms by the time I finished writing this... I am defeated. At least I will save money on labor costs... meanwhile I have extra bushings and a new bushing remove/install tool(s) that will go unused for now $$.

W164 ML63 AMG Left Lower Control Arm

Cracked Bushing - Lower Control Arm 2009 W164 ML63AMG
Old 06-13-2024, 06:06 AM
SPONSOR

Received 151 Likes on 121 Posts
Mercedes-Benz CLK 550
We’ve been resolving OEM suspension shortcomings (and pricing) since 1964 !

As above #2 (2016) we saw the need and not only manufacture heavy duty bushes to replace these ‘2’ front lower control arm - rear bushes / which are subject to premature failure….

BUT ALSO K-MAC FRONT KIT INCLUDES:
● The 2 front bushes as well.
● Bush extraction tool allowing to fit without arm removal.
● Plus seeing the W164 has no front “Camber” or “Caster”.

THE K-MAC REPLACEMENT BUSH KIT ALSO INCLUDES CAMBER & CASTER ADJUSTMENT !

BACKGROUND - Because of ever increasing speed of new car assembly lines stopping to adjust / set Camber and Caster is no longer an option !

Now one only front Camber and Caster, one rear Camber setting - TO SUIT ONLY SHOWROOM HEIGHT CONDITIONS.

With onus now back on owners to fund costly, premature edge tire wear experienced in day to day commuting.

Excess passenger side wear through high cambered roads. Altered height through load carrying (or owners not offroading and therefore lowering center of gravity for safer handling response). Fitting wide profile tires or just having ongoing adjustment to cater for curb knock damage.

TOTAL FRONT KIT PRICE (W164) $695 #503816N
REAR KIT (Camber & Extra toe) $480 #504026K

Last edited by K-Mac; 06-13-2024 at 09:27 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Joshinator99 (06-13-2024)
Old 06-13-2024, 09:32 PM

Received 148 Likes on 96 Posts
ML 63 AMG
Originally Posted by MrStoner;[url=tel:8985294
8985294[/url]]Howdy! I have a 2009 ML63 AMG W164 and that was the only part of the Lower Control Arm that I wanted to replace. I could not find the bushing nor the part separately. Although when removing the lower control arm, this bit was easily removed with one bolt. Now I bought the bushings for the other two spots - but those look super solid on the existing.

The reason I care - for whatever reason this AMG line has lower control arms that cost an arm and leg! Over $750/ Each! I'm looking at over $1600 in parts for two Front lower control arms... meanwhile - For quick comparison... My 2017 GLE 43 AMG costs for similar control arm is about ~$250... or under $575 for both. And that itself is seemingly twice what the 350 models' would cost. Placing these lower control arms at 6X the cost of a typical 'cedes. Anyone care to explain?

So I tried and I tried to replace just the bushings I wanted. G'luck finding those! Someone may correct me but finding just the Lower Control Arm 'knuckle' for a ML63 AMG '09 is a no go - 'you must replace the entire control arm' said the shop.

Can't select just that bit of the Lower Control Arm - just the whole thing!

I decided to buy the entire front lower control arms by the time I finished writing this... I am defeated. At least I will save money on labor costs... meanwhile I have extra bushings and a new bushing remove/install tool(s) that will go unused for now $$.

W164 ML63 AMG Left Lower Control Arm

Cracked Bushing - Lower Control Arm 2009 W164 ML63AMG
Originally Posted by K-Mac;[url=tel:8985329
8985329[/url]]We’ve been resolving OEM suspension shortcomings (and pricing) since 1964 !

As above #2 (2016) we saw the need and not only manufacture heavy duty bushes to replace these ‘2’ front lower control arm - rear bushes / which are subject to premature failure….

BUT ALSO K-MAC FRONT KIT INCLUDES:
● The 2 front bushes as well.
● Bush extraction tool allowing to fit without arm removal.
● Plus seeing the W164 has no front “Camber” or “Caster”.

THE K-MAC REPLACEMENT BUSH KIT ALSO INCLUDES CAMBER & CASTER ADJUSTMENT !

BACKGROUND - Because of ever increasing speed of new car assembly lines stopping to adjust / set Camber and Caster is no longer an option !

Now one only front Camber and Caster, one rear Camber setting - TO SUIT ONLY SHOWROOM HEIGHT CONDITIONS.

With onus now back on owners to fund costly, premature edge tire wear experienced in day to day commuting.

Excess passenger side wear through high cambered roads. Altered height through load carrying (or owners not offroading and therefore lowering center of gravity for safer handling response). Fitting wide profile tires or just having ongoing adjustment to cater for curb knock damage.

TOTAL FRONT KIT PRICE (W164) $695 #503816N
REAR KIT (Camber & Extra toe) $480 #504026K
Looks like the K-Mac option would have saved a good amount of money here!
Old 06-20-2024, 12:59 PM

Agreed - but I haven't seen you use it yet on your post so I'm just waiting patiently

I'd be happy to buy the bushing alone and test it out but afraid the additional options they provide are just a bit over my head at the moment - reading the instruction and I see a need to possibly grind down the frame slightly to give more room for the lower arm to (move in) I think... all this said and I have worn down tires to the metal recently - thought it was suspension related but low and behold - the outside of the tire looked okay while the inside was worn from the high camber on these cars. So I get it, correcting the camber would be good.

That small crack on the bushing (from my photo above) is hardly noticeable when driving; however, as I patched up the car recently with just the front upper control arms replaced, sway bar bushings as well as the sway bars - and I can say it drives mas bien! I will replace the lower control arms soon after they arrive.
Joshinator99 (06-20-2024)
Old 06-20-2024, 05:03 PM

ML 63 AMG
Originally Posted by MrStoner;[url=tel:8989045
8989045[/url]]Agreed - but I haven't seen you use it yet on your post so I'm just waiting patiently

I'd be happy to buy the bushing alone and test it out but afraid the additional options they provide are just a bit over my head at the moment - reading the instruction and I see a need to possibly grind down the frame slightly to give more room for the lower arm to (move in) I think... all this said and I have worn down tires to the metal recently - thought it was suspension related but low and behold - the outside of the tire looked okay while the inside was worn from the high camber on these cars. So I get it, correcting the camber would be good.

That small crack on the bushing (from my photo above) is hardly noticeable when driving; however, as I patched up the car recently with just the front upper control arms replaced, sway bar bushings as well as the sway bars - and I can say it drives mas bien! I will replace the lower control arms soon after they arrive.
OK, OK, lol… I’ll add it to my list too haha! I’ve got a bit of a “clunk” from the front left side when I hit bumps, even though that front driver side air shock is new, so I might need to do these bushings anyway.
MrStoner (06-21-2024)
Old 06-22-2024, 12:14 AM

Try just the upper control arms... none too expensive so worth replacing the whole set - but good luck with the driver side unless you have a second pair of hands. Passenger is easy to access though.

I'm going to replace the bushing on my old upper control arms for fun - as I have the bushing removal/install tool (which is huge and heavy btw) and the bushings to match so...

Meanwhile - the new lower control arms arrived but I feel the latest saga with the radiator hose has taken precedent.
Joshinator99 (06-22-2024)
Old 06-22-2024, 10:21 AM

ML 63 AMG
Originally Posted by MrStoner;[url=tel:8989859
8989859[/url]]Try just the upper control arms... none too expensive so worth replacing the whole set - but good luck with the driver side unless you have a second pair of hands. Passenger is easy to access though.

I'm going to replace the bushing on my old upper control arms for fun - as I have the bushing removal/install tool (which is huge and heavy btw) and the bushings to match so...

Meanwhile - the new lower control arms arrived but I feel the latest saga with the radiator hose has taken precedent.
Forgot to mention I already have new upper control arms too… Guess I’ll have to do some digging.