ML63 AMG (W166) 2011 -2015 (Replaced by GLE63)

ML350- W166 trunk not working

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-11-2021, 03:19 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ML350
ML350- W166 trunk not working

Trunk is not open with remote . When remote is press it’s does beep but doesn’t open automatically with remote or from button .
Can anyone help me if they face the similar situation.

Old 11-12-2021, 01:06 PM

2013 ML 350 (W166) 4MATIC
Possible remedy

Originally Posted by hassanW166
Trunk is not open with remote . When remote is press it’s does beep but doesn’t open automatically with remote or from button .
Can anyone help me if they face the similar situation.
You have a couple of possibilities. 1) Fuse(s) may be blown. 2) lift motor may not be working. 3) Electronic control unit may be inoperative due to (a) bad, damaged, or burned out components, or (b) computer update required by MB repair facility.
My 2013 ML 350 fell into category 3(b) this past spring. No rhyme or reason anyone could identify. I replaced the battery and the tailgate stopped working. Same beeping that you described. I recommend first check the fuses. If they’re good, you can test the lift motor by disconnecting it from the lift gate at the bottom and see if it runs using a small 12v solid state battery. If it runs, then take to a MB repair facility and ask them to run a firmware/software update. Shouldn’t cost more than $85. If that doesn’t fix the issue, replace the ECU. But beware - a new ECU is very expensive, and used ones (on eBay) are much cheaper but will probably then require a second visit to MB to run a firmware/software update that will enable the ECU to work with your system.
Old 11-13-2021, 12:10 AM

ML350
Thank you so much for response. I will follow the steps

Originally Posted by gebhardtsbauerp
You have a couple of possibilities. 1) Fuse(s) may be blown. 2) lift motor may not be working. 3) Electronic control unit may be inoperative due to (a) bad, damaged, or burned out components, or (b) computer update required by MB repair facility.
My 2013 ML 350 fell into category 3(b) this past spring. No rhyme or reason anyone could identify. I replaced the battery and the tailgate stopped working. Same beeping that you described. I recommend first check the fuses. If they’re good, you can test the lift motor by disconnecting it from the lift gate at the bottom and see if it runs using a small 12v solid state battery. If it runs, then take to a MB repair facility and ask them to run a firmware/software update. Shouldn’t cost more than $85. If that doesn’t fix the issue, replace the ECU. But beware - a new ECU is very expensive, and used ones (on eBay) are much cheaper but will probably then require a second visit to MB to run a firmware/software update that will enable the ECU to work with your system.

thank you so much I will follow the steps and will share my findings

The following users liked this post:
gebhardtsbauerp (11-13-2021)