Mobile Electronics and Lighting The archived forum for mobile electronics and lighting equipment for sale by members. Browse newer listings and create your own in our new Marketplace.
Mark this thread as Unsold

Sirius SDARS receiver for 2006 S55 AMG

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-15-2012, 11:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 SL55 AMG
I'm not an S-owner, but I would guess that the other end of that cable goes to where ever the satellite antenna would have been installed if it had been included as a factory option.
Old 03-19-2014, 06:40 PM

2005 SL 500
I have looked for the fiber optic cable and the only on my sl 500 is connected to the Nav system I keep reading the cables are there but others say you have to buy a part from mercedes
Old 03-19-2014, 06:47 PM

2005 SL 500
Originally Posted by 04S600AMG
I have a 2004 S600 which was also pre-wired for Sirius however I am having some difficulty with the antenna that I am hoping you could help me with. When I started installing the unit I found the prewired power and fiber connector and I was able to route the fiber optic so my head unit sees the Sirius module but it just keeps saying "Acquiring Signal". I have a small "portable" type Sirius antenna hooked up with a FAKRA adapter. However when I was digging around by all of the other components in my trunk I found two loose FAKRA type plugs zip tied together, one blue (which is keyed to fit into my Sirius module antenna port) and one white which is not. I tried to just hook up the unused blue connector but got the same "Acquiring Signal" message. Does anybody have any info as to the blue and white unused FAKRA plugs? Do I have to hook them up in some way elsewhere? Any help would be very appreciated. Also any further word on finding the single fiber optic "jumper" wire. The way I got mine to see the Sirius module was to unplug both fiber leads from my CD Changer which plugged directly into my Sirius fiber plug. So no CD Changer while I have the Sirius installed but then again I probably wouldn't use the Changer with Sirius working. Thanks, Brian
I see mixed messages, my 2005 SL 500 does not have a satellite fiber plug, but the antennas and the power is there, the Nav units fiber plug is not compatible and I see messages this is a simple installation of plug and play and others saying you have to find a fiber adapter to interface. Anyone know what is right