Mobile Electronics and Lighting The archived forum for mobile electronics and lighting equipment for sale by members. Browse newer listings and create your own in our new Marketplace.
Mark this thread as Unsold

Experience with HID Extra - STAY AWAY

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-15-2011, 06:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W211 E55
Experience with HID Extra - STAY AWAY

I have received faulty parts from HID Extra from the get-go. I have gotten the run-around for about 3 weeks, sent their "RMA" department a e-mail about a week ago, and and now getting the silent treatment.

I have been displeased with their service on the following levels:
1) One of my fogs lights were defective upon arrival
2) The ballast that was accompanied with that fog light seemed to work whenever it wanted it. This is going to be a pain if I ever do get my replacement bulb in because I have a feeling I am going to have to replace that as well. Now that it is getting near the 60 day warrantee time, I beleive they are trying to stall to avoid other replacement of parts
3) Both of my headlights work when they want to. Often times when leaving a area at night none or only one decided to come on, and I have to sit there for 5 minutes and play with it until it does. It's ridiculous.
4) On my W211 E55, you have to remove the entire front bumper assembly to get to the headlights, which I am going to have to pay to have somebody do again because of the cheap quality of parts HID Extra provides.
5) Front Headlights were NOT plug and play, they required modification.

At this point I have been forced to assume I am not going to get my replacements in. And to be honest I really don't care. I should have gone with another company from the start. Now that I'm going to be out close to $400.00 I am going to recommend that all of you stay away from HID Extra. To make things worse, they run their business out of the same city I live in. Ridiculous. Careless Return department, Horribly cheap parts, and their pricing is barely competitive. I will keep everybody up to date on how everything pans out, and if they want to step up and take ownership for their shortcomings. Sadly, I don't see it happening.

Point of this post? Spend an extra 20 bucks people, HID extra is not worth it.

Last edited by Jasoneo5; 03-15-2011 at 08:21 PM.
Old 03-15-2011, 08:02 PM

2011 C63
i opened a paypal dispute with them, they gave me the run around and didn't believe that their product didn't work on my vehicle. It was only bulbs and 20 dollars but it has been more than 2 months.

Thank god I didn't have to depend on them to see at night.
Old 03-15-2011, 08:13 PM

W211 E55
Jesus. This kind of information needs to be better known by the public. I hope that they can quickly remedy this situation. Otherwise, between MBworld and my broad network as a ClubLexus forum Moderator, we should all have no problem putting our heads together and figuring one out for ourselves.

Still waiting on a response from them. Hopefully (for their business), they choose to do the right thing.
Old 03-15-2011, 08:14 PM

CLS 550
Wow good thing I saw this before I bought my bulbs....Hopefully they change the way they take care of customers...if you run your business under this saying, you will be open for a long time..

"Happy customers usually tell 0-2 people about their experiences, but unhappy customers will tell 7+ people..."
Old 03-15-2011, 08:20 PM

W211 E55
Absolutely agree with you Kevin. I will keep everybody updated on how this situation pans out.
Old 03-15-2011, 08:21 PM

2011 C63
i thought they were good after reading some club lexus posts...but their bulbs flicker like crazy and barely stay on. And they had the nerve to tell me it rarely happens to anyone. Had me take pictures of my oem bulbs and made me look like a fool.
I asked for a simple refund since the bulbs don't fit for almost two months, and he was clever, almost went to 45 days where Paypal can't do much after that...sneaky and slick.....
Old 03-15-2011, 08:27 PM

W211 E55
Yup, did the same thing with me. Good thing for us is that I live in Fremont right down the street from them. In a down economy, companies can't keep expecting customers to bend over, and I am willing to set a precedent if they do not fix this situation.
Old 03-15-2011, 08:31 PM

2011 C63
if i was that close, i would make him install it until he finds one that works. if the quality has gone down, fine, but don't mock your customers.
Old 03-30-2011, 03:59 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
SL 500 SP & C 280
Not only stay away from HID-extra, Mb member must stay away those cheap HID kit made in cn. I had used couples of the cheap hid kits the bulbs burn out within 2 or 3 months. I'm getting tired of replacing them. now only buying high quality HID kits, any Mb member here had experienced with high quality HID kits please share the brand that you use.