Mobile Electronics and Lighting The archived forum for mobile electronics and lighting equipment for sale by members. Browse newer listings and create your own in our new Marketplace.
Mark this thread as Unsold

FS: W203 COMAND DVD NAVI

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-10-2011, 12:28 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2K5 C230K SS 6MT -BLK/BLK
FS: W203 COMAND DVD NAVI

$700 including shipping!
If you haggle... expect to pay for shipping.

I haven't been checking MBWorld much lately - so please inquire via email: twenty4play@gmail.com

For sale is my COMAND Navi (APS) for W203 (C230). This is a Euro COMAND Navi with a *WORKING* hybrid MCS II to APS map DVD that I made (the development of which can be viewed here).

There are a couple North American W203 owners on this board who are utilizing my hybrid DVD's and can attest to their quality, reliability and functionality. Preet, a Canadian W203 owner can be contacted as he is using one of my hybrid MCS II to APS hybrid DVD's in his APS COMAND.

You can also view a video of my COMAND in operation on YouTube here.

It should be noted that this COMAND does not have an A/V input/output port (the green connector found on some COMAND's). Also, the phone function has never been tested since I don't own a BT puck or have an integrated phone. AM channels are spotty, but FM works without flaw. The COMAND also works perfectly with other items in the MOST fiber ring such as: CD changer and iPod integration kit. Factory installed Sirius/XM doesn't seem to be compatible, however aftermarket receivers work fine.

The COMAND will come with the following:

1) APS COMAND unit
2) MCS II to APS hybrid DVD (v2007/8) - instructions for making a more recent one can be found here
3) GPS antenna

***NOTE***
If your vehicles MOST fiber ring has already been coded for peripherals such as: CD changer, Siruis/XM (factory), or iPod integration; the COMAND unit should be plug-n-play (with the exception of your MFD, which will need to be coded for navi. If your vehicle has not, then you will need someone with a STAR system (independent shop or dealer) to code it - coding for the MFD functionality cost me about $50 through an independent shop, but I also had BIX coded at the same time, so could be less.
Old 09-14-2011, 09:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Yo Momma
So you are saying that the stock map dvd will not work in this? If yes why is that? Also why are you selling it if you still have your car?
Old 09-19-2011, 05:26 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2K5 C230K SS 6MT -BLK/BLK
The stock map DVD will work in it. But if you're in the US, it's pointless since this is an APS (European) COMAND. I've made a hybrid disc that works in it. It's region coded for Europe, but contains all the North American (US/Canada) map data.

I'm going to sell the car... when I get around to it. The car has been sitting in the garage, collecting dust for the past 8 months. I already sold all the other additional parts I had for it (OEM BiX, OEM iPod kit, etc).