Notices

Getting pulled over in my MBs

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-29-2009, 11:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yugos only
Getting pulled over in my MBs

Anyone notice extra scrutiny by the gendarmes when driving an MB?

Had to go to the seacoast the other day. Got pulled over 3 times on the way back. Signaled every lane change, kept the posted speed limits, etc. Passed by Priuses like crazy.

Reasons:

Have you been drinking? (I don't drink.)

One of your rear lights is brighter than the other. (I had my fog lights on and the rear driver side light is brighter than the passenger side. A welcome safety feature since it was foggy.) Still got a written warning for defective equipment.

I noticed you dropping a lit object out of the car. Have you been smoking marijuna? (No, I was smoking a cigar and jettisoned the butt.)

Anyone else having the same problems?

Last edited by ivanj; 08-30-2009 at 12:23 AM. Reason: correct information
Old 08-30-2009, 12:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2004 S55 (SOLD, miss it every day), 2009 GL550
Originally Posted by ivanj
Anyone notice extra scrutiny by the gendarmes when driving an MB?

Had to go to the seacoast the other day. Got pulled over 3 times on the way back. Signaled every lane change, kept the posted speed limits, etc. Passed by Priuses like crazy.

Reasons:

Have you been drinking? (I don't drink.)

One of your rear lights is brighter than the other. (I had my fog lights on and the rear passenger side light is brighter than the passenger side. A welcome safety feature since it was foggy.) Still got a written warning for defective equipment.

I noticed you dropping a lit object out of the car. Have you been smoking marijuna? (No, I was smoking a cigar and jettisoned the butt.)

Anyone else having the same problems?
I see that two out of three times they had legitimate cause (faulty equipment, littering a burning cigar butt)

what's your point?
Old 08-30-2009, 12:19 AM

Yugos only
Originally Posted by i_am_amused
I see that two out of three times they had legitimate cause (faulty equipment, littering a burning cigar butt)

what's your point?
My equipment was not faulty. Read the owner's manual.

I was not pulled over for littering nor was I given a ticket for littering.

What's your point?

I just want to know if folks have found they are being pulled more in their MBs than if they drive a Chevy or a Toyota. I have; have you?
Old 12-21-2009, 05:36 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2005 Stage I RennTech E55
2 tickets in 6 years of driving since i got my license. Saturn and corolla were my starters. had an 04 silverado w/ 22's, no real problems. i get my e55 and in 6months ive gotten 8 tickets....
Old 05-29-2010, 12:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
2003 CLK55
Throwing cigar/cigarette butts out the window is not cool. Most of the time I'm behind someone that does that and it pings off my hood or hits my grill. I really hate those fockers. Very good reason to get pulled over.
Old 05-29-2010, 01:30 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2001 clk 320
i know exactly what ur talking about,the diff between u and i is they did have a reason to stop me.look up my thread (racial profiling)shoud of been profiling but whatever.harsh punishment!!
Old 05-29-2010, 09:32 AM

Yugos only
Originally Posted by Stiggs
Throwing cigar/cigarette butts out the window is not cool. Most of the time I'm behind someone that does that and it pings off my hood or hits my grill. I really hate those fockers. Very good reason to get pulled over.
No responsible person would throw anything, even something biodegradable, from a speeding car, when there was another vehicle traveling behind them.

In the situation you describe I agree with you 100%.

There are just too many people on the roads, too many regulations and regulators, but not enough courtesy.

Do you know that to become a police officer in many states just takes a 14 week police academy course and a high school (read grade school in today's world where a current BA is about the same as a HS degree 40 years ago) diploma. These people aren't old enough to buy a drink yet they enforce DD laws.

They should require the MMPI with a Pd screening as a gating factor for admission to the Police Academy.

If I had $5 for every time a friend has reported pulled over for a bogus "yellow line" violation at night (which is INDEED a deadly infraction).....

jbenz2001, I understand what you are talking about! Drive a nice car, be a minority, be the only driver on a rural road at night and you will get pulled over. Be "old WM" or I am sure "BM of any age" with a younger lady in the car at night and get pulled over for "report of a possible kidnapping!" In a small town trying to act like a big town get on a cop's snit list and you'll feel like jbenz2001 probably feels everyday and I mean that with respect, jbenz2001! I'm just saying we have to stand together!

Ask the cop if the video is running and see what happens! If they say it is thank them.

License, registration, proof of insurance, and attorney on speed-dial!

BTW, did you know the Bill of Rights (no self-incrimination, Miranda warnings after arrest, profiling, for example) does not apply when you drive because it is a "privilege" and these are regulations that escalate to misdemeanors and felonies quickly. (If you are a citizen or legal alien, that is.) So does that mean if I sign myself into involuntary servitude while driving on a highway that is ok?

It is sad when combatants in Gitmo have more constitutional protections than drivers.

Maybe we should ask police to carry fishing licenses....

Last edited by ivanj; 05-29-2010 at 09:58 AM.
Old 06-08-2010, 03:17 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
04 CLK 320 > CLK32K
lol, before my MB I had a brand new 06 accord coupe. They pulled me over at least once a month for my tints. Now with the Mb I have tints, no front plate (violation in NJ), and tinted tail lights and I have yet to be pulled over..."knock on wood!".
Old 07-08-2010, 08:36 PM

2006 C55 AMG, Red
Originally Posted by kngof9x
2 tickets in 6 years of driving since i got my license. Saturn and corolla were my starters. had an 04 silverado w/ 22's, no real problems. i get my e55 and in 6months ive gotten 8 tickets....

I find myself driving too fast since I got my C55. No tickets yet (knock on wood), but it still has temp tags... I think if people are being pulled over more it's because they are driving faster.
Old 02-05-2011, 12:43 PM

'94 E420 177K- (for sale, parts car) '92 300E 179K (LEMON)
Maybe if states like Taxachusetts put as much money into fixing potholes as they do to the unnecessarily large police force, we wouldn't have stupid problems like this....
Old 02-05-2011, 06:38 PM

2006 C55 AMG, Red
It didn't take long, I got pulled over shortly after loosing the temp tags (a few months ago). I was accused of doing 55mph during a left-hand turn. I might have been driving fast, but 55 was ridiculous. The cop actually asked me if I had nitrous. I didn't even drift. he let me off with a warning