M-Class (W166) Produced 2012-2015

How to light the leds along with the headlights ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-16-2016, 02:52 PM

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts
2015 ML350 Bluetec
Originally Posted by challer
This has been working for me. Just keep the lever pushed away and a headlight indicator with an "A" in it will come on when the headlights come onast night. When the high beams turn on automatically, the normal high beam indicator will also come on in the right hand display. Basically, leave the lights in auto and the high beam lever pushed away and ILS will take care of everything. I find its more aggressive with high beams than I would be.
All that is true until you drive on a back road at under 30kms/25mph....! You will have to move the light switch from auto to manual, or you will never see your high beams. High beams only work at slow speeds when switch is in manual. Bit of a PITA for those of us visiting the W/E cottage! Love the lights though....
Old 03-10-2017, 07:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 169 Likes on 134 Posts
W140 Mercedes S350, W221 S550 sport
Originally Posted by Lola350
In the US, if you don't have the lightning package, leaving the setting in auto mode will bring your headlight and LED (albeit at a lower illumination) in dark. The trick is to get only the LED turned on during the day or otherwise (for effect!).

This is especially hard to find for the 2013s. I've seen 2012s with LEDs on only during the day, without the lighting package.

Any ideas?
Yes, how do you do this?

Originally Posted by paunica
I want to make both Led lights from the Headlights and from the bumper to work during the day as daylights , but I don't know how to do it and I have seen some pictures on the internet with some cars that they made it work .

Does somebody know if it's possible because I have ILS
I want to do the same thing.

The 2012 I have, has the LED strip lights in the bumper but they don't do the BRIGHT daytime running light mode that models with the lighting package have. How do you get them to go bright, is there a hack or jumper??
Old 03-10-2017, 09:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 169 Likes on 134 Posts
W140 Mercedes S350, W221 S550 sport
Anyone ever figure out?
Old 08-10-2017, 01:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 E300 avantegarde
My LED DRL dont work

Originally Posted by Owlet
Richard, if you turn the lights to ON instead of AUTO, the LEDs turn off, and the headlights with brow lights are on. So that doesn't do what we're trying to accomplish, which is have LEDs and brow lights ON during the day.
Mine dont even work at all now after coming out of shop. Any advise how to turn those LED DRL strips on? Thanks in advance