Notices
New Members Check In! If you're new to MBworld!, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your Benz!!

New guy with a question!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-20-2014 | 10:27 PM

2001 E 430
New guy with a question!

Hi guys! Great site I have had most of my questions already answered! I bought a 2001 E 430 for my daughter as her first car. And while checking and fixing the little odds and ends that needed replacing I found that both (H1) fog lights(non sport) did not work so I bought a pair and got under the car went to pull the bulb but it was melted and after a few yanks the bulb broke and was melted bad enough to make removing it from the socket impossible! So never having worked on a M.B. of any kind much less a 14 year old one I cut the two wires at the base of the socket thinking I would find one at our local parts store! Well I found a H1 socket but it only has one pigtail and on the car I have two?Is this something that I need to order from dealer or online store or is there a easy fix?? Second problem im having is my daughter likes the HID or Bi Xenon not sure what the proper name is? But does not like the yellow inner? city lights? or even the hi beams so I was thinking of getting Sylvania zxe for the high beam and city light since the fogs are the same (zxe) will these work? or give her the look she wants (better match to low beam)?? Also a few bulbs inside and out were out so I decided to use Sylvania LEDS same number just in LED I have done this with other cars but after reading a few threads im worried I may need resistors? anyone used these (domes courtesy trunk and L/P and gotten error? or will they be fine? Last question is Her rear deck/subs are blown I was thinking that because this car was only 4K with 89K my best bet would be a salvage yard and just replace the blown speakers and let her use the factory "command" or other option is give her my older Alpine indash nav/dvd and run new speakers for her? Thanks for looking everyone!!