Notices
New Members Check In! If you're new to MBworld!, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your Benz!!

new member (a bit long)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-06-2014, 10:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ML350 2010 gas
Question new member (a bit long)

hello, thank you for allowing me to join your group. i had a 2000 ML430 for 11 1/2 years and bought a used 2010 ML350 last june.
in 9 months i have put only 3600 miles on the ML350. the warranty expired last september. in august, MB replaced the battery. now it is slow to crank again. my friendly and honest independent mechanic did a load test yesterday--- 8.6. it wont hold a charge. he did some scanning and reports that the alternator is fine and there isnt a parasitic draw.
last august, i also had it in to the dealer because i felt a slight bump at around 30MPH. the dealer updated the software and added fluid. he said there was no leak, though, "its just something you do from time to time." silly me for thinking it was a sealed system. the bump is still there, tho it seems lighter.
a week ago my ABS/ESP light came on. a few miles later it felt like the emergency brake was on, but there was no EB light. nonetheless i stopped, shut off the engine, pulled the EB on, then released it. that worked, but the ABS/ESP light is still on. the brake lights work fine. i turned the steering wheel back and forth 5 times. back to my mechanic, who found the right rear speed sensor is dead.
so im off to the dealer next week to argue about the battery. the diagnostic fee is $177.50, which i must pay even if the battery is bad. seems unreasonable.
i will have them check the ABS/ESP issue as well. i hope they dont tell me that i must replace all 4 speed sensors so they can communicate with each other. hmmm, i wonder what happens to the 3 good sensors that are removed when people have one bad sensor but change all 4?
well, those are my complaints. thank you for listening. any advice is appreciated before i head into the lions den.
stargirl