Notices
New Members Check In! If you're new to MBworld!, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your Benz!!

window tint

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-13-2014, 10:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
e550 cabriolet
window tint

Ok so I'm new to this forum but I'm not a new Mercedes owner. I have a 2007 E class and I just recently bought a new E550 convertible. I have always trusted the advice of my window tint installer, but he moved away and I can no longer find him. In the last 20 years he has used 3M tint and most recently Llumar tint on my cars. I'm in the Houston area, and I want to have the best window tint available from my new E550. Any recommendations on tint manufacturers, or even better, tint installers in Houston? This car will unfortunately spend most of its time outside a garage (I plan on getting a car cover soon) but I want the best protection for the interior of the car that I can get. Any comments will be appreciated!
Old 03-14-2014, 11:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C300
This is the reason that I joined this forum. I'm a tinter. We usually install 3M Color Stable on Mercedes but if you are going with Llumar, ask for the CTX series which is the Llumar Ceramic film. It's a great product.
As is the Llumar Air 80 Blue which is quite clear with a bluish tinge but still offers all of the UV blocking qualities of a darker tint.

Look up 3M tint solutions and you should find a certified 3M installer in your area. The same for Llumar.