Notices
New Members Check In! If you're new to MBworld!, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your Benz!!

w203 112 4matic 05 highway taxi

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-08-2014, 03:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
x204 glk 250 ,w203 c320 4 matic and a. ej 257 subaru 03
w203 112 4matic 05 highway taxi

just bought mine with 120k has 140k in less then 4 weeks of owning... crank position sensor and I am suspecting a bad cat..... bc not getting full wot after 4k ... a little sketchy when I need to accelerate on the highway ramps... car looks nice ad comfy
Old 08-08-2014, 05:00 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Congrats on the new car and welcome!

Is your car throwing any errors?
Old 08-09-2014, 01:41 AM

x204 glk 250 ,w203 c320 4 matic and a. ej 257 subaru 03
I purchase it from one owner... unsure of the history... I am a premium subaru expert but chose to experiment and experience a different platform... anyway weird things I notice as follows, bought car ran fine. but not smooth like the beemer I test drove.. drove car but baby it... notice strange hesitation slight strange shifting and decel.. drove at the light came to a complete stop ac on beats bopping and car stalls..put car in neutral for a restart , it turn over but fail to complete start sequence. park tried again.. push car wait till cool car restart but felt like it was in limp mode..."I didnt have a sufficient obd scanner... unlike my subaru I always had a laptop for open source and could log...anyway it was crank position sensor....tried using my truck to go pick up part truck failed too with same issue....wtf?. anyway it was replaced car ran descent then notice hesitation above 4k range and wot. I change fuel filter and check pressures...plugs look done went wot bc I had access to a snapon scan tool but couldn't take it out with me to do a log of failed event but this time miss fire on 1 and 3cylinder and crank position failure.. I followed the request instructions clear code drive 3rd gear aabove 2100 rpm forr 30 sec for relearn .. also this is a question before engine start on caution advisory display the fuel light stays on. when cps went bad it stayed on even tho it was plenty of fuel then car would run and die.. I am going to replace the crank psensor... seems like when its hot it fails....I was going to check the cats and swap the coil packs with some new ones... is there any open source access on these cars... "also today I triedbthat hold accelerate trick...hmmm that work but notice rpm a little higher and starts up firm shifts were nice but as soon as you shut down rpm was lower and car was grandpa mode .. ecu n trans needs to keep it map did smell fuel tho when doing that . I dont like throwing parts on...is there an open source logger? with full access to star or ecu ? again I am new to this platform w203 112 with 140 k