Notices
New Members Check In! If you're new to MBworld!, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your Benz!!

Learning and searching and learning

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-31-2015, 02:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mk4 golf GTI and mk5 Jetta TFSI
Learning and searching and learning

Hi All,
New to Mercs. currently have a Mk4 golf GTI and a MK5 Jetta TFSI(US version is GLI)
Keen to step up to the big dawg luxury cars and grab an W211 E55.. so doing some research so I Don't buy a lemon.

Look forward to searching around the forum

Thanks
Brenden
Old 04-01-2015, 02:00 PM
Super Moderator

Received 744 Likes on 725 Posts
bone stock E55 AMG
welcome aboard brenden...
E55 is beast compared to GTI/GLI...
Old 03-09-2019, 05:03 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
C320 wagon 325XI wagon
Mercedes Benz cars rust fast!..Faster than most all car manufacturers world-wide!......starting soon with rot with holes in fenders and other body parts..very fast! usually starting within ten years! YET, Mercedes has maintained great mechanical engineering throughout. The Benz's engines and drive-trains last and last....Bodies do not!..........for example...my 1984, W123, 300 Turbo Diesel sedan...(in 1993) I drove to 401 k miles....I had to abandon as it's unit body was severely compromised..upon inspection at a Massachusetts vehicle inspection station. The 5 cylinder German diesel may have run another 200k...no doubt....The German 4 speed..Hurth..ZF...also 401k......Conclusion...MB wasn't looking for long life's for their production...My 80 450sl 20 years ago was almost completely compromised...It was saved..and with new sheet metal...it lives again. I now have a W203....and it is rusting fast since it lost it's garage 3 years ago!