Notices
New Members Check In! If you're new to MBworld!, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your Benz!!

C 300 problem

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-24-2015, 05:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C 300
C 300 problem

Im David. Im from NE Pa. Ive had my c300 for 3 years now. I love it. But this first major problem im having sounds like it may be a costly one. As I mentioned in another thread it began when the battery went dead and when we installed a new one. Now the engine fan comes on and stays on till you shut the car off. Plus engine lites and air bag lite stays on. In addition, a message on dash reads, right front SRS malfunction. Its driving me nuts. Anything that anyone can tell me or advise would be appreciated. If you like you can email me at Hanoverdave@aol.com Thanks very much
Old 10-26-2015, 02:27 AM
SPONSOR/MBworld Guru

Received 211 Likes on 202 Posts
MB W204/W212, BMW E66, Porsche 958, VW MK6 TDI, Maserati Ghibli SQ4
Welcome to MBWorld. Sorry to hear about the issue you're having. Take it to a shop with a STAR system to check out the codes being thrown. Would help with diagnostics.
Old 10-26-2015, 05:30 PM
Super Moderator

Received 753 Likes on 734 Posts
bone stock E55 AMG
welcome aboard...
Old 10-28-2015, 05:47 PM
SPONSOR

Received 62 Likes on 61 Posts
Mercedes-Benz, Porsche, BMW, MINI and more!
Welcome to MBWorld, David! If you need anything be sure to let me know!
Old 11-19-2015, 05:28 PM
TDR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 C 300 4matic
SRS Light

Originally Posted by hanoverdave
Im David. Im from NE Pa. Ive had my c300 for 3 years now. I love it. But this first major problem im having sounds like it may be a costly one. As I mentioned in another thread it began when the battery went dead and when we installed a new one. Now the engine fan comes on and stays on till you shut the car off. Plus engine lites and air bag lite stays on. In addition, a message on dash reads, right front SRS malfunction. Its driving me nuts. Anything that anyone can tell me or advise would be appreciated. If you like you can email me at Hanoverdave@aol.com Thanks very much
This is what I have learned, took it to my mechanic, he said SRS = need a new seat belt...the part that you hook the seat belt into, the one bolted on the floor. -A seat belt Lock. called the dealer, they want $113 for each one, yep, I need both of them. I asked for the part number and this is what they gave me: Left #2048600169 Right # 2048600269 and they wanted $435 to put both of them in. I got each one off ebay for $76.07 and $76.18 free shipping. Now I need to see if mechanic can install them for me and how much. I read that you can do it using Torx sockets, I looked it up, not sure which ones I need and not trying to spend $45 on a whole set for just one or two. Anyone know which ones are needed?
I live in the DC/MD area.