Notices
New Members Check In! If you're new to MBworld!, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your Benz!!

Im new to MB world and can use some advice

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-24-2015, 05:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 C-230 SPORT
Im new to MB world and can use some advice

Hello everyone, ive just bought my second MB and its a 2007 C230 Sport with 51k miles. Shortly after buying my car from a luxury used car lot, which by the way has very nice, pristine, low mile cars my CEL came on and the car started misfiring and shaking a lot at low speeds. I took the car right back. Long story short they agreed to have my car looked at buy their mechanic and of course my worst fear came true. Intake manifold is bad. I was showed my manifold where the plastic was broke and also told i had 3 bad coils. They agred to fix it for the great price their own mechanic gave them. Who btw has a
very nice and extremely busy german auto repair shop. I pick the car up and right away its obvious he fixed my car. Full power again, quite as a church mouse, shifts seamlessly into gears and no CEL light. Several hours later CEL comes on and i go back first thing a.m. He scanned my codes right in front of me and I have P0170, P0173. He says its probably my MAF sensor and its common on this car. He tells me he'll put a bosch in for 200 and hes not charging me labor. I was happy with that price and let him do it. Picked car up after MAF is replaced and drove several hours and CEL comes on AGAIN.. Same codes again P0170, P0173 whice tells me he didnt fix it. He said come in Monday and he's gonna get to the bottom of it and not to worry, its nothing major. Said might be a vacuum leak and he'll try to fix it again for free. Any ideas what can cause this besides MAF sensor being bad? BTW car drives great still with CEL on after manifold coils and new plugs were replaced. Sometimes i hear a slight roughness in the engine when in my garage but nothing like before when manifold was bad. Thanks everyone and sorry for rambling..

Last edited by ruffmick08; 10-24-2015 at 05:28 PM. Reason: Typo
Old 10-25-2015, 09:25 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 678 Likes on 643 Posts
2014 E350 also restored: 1969 Camaro convertible SS 1957 Chevy Belair 2dr hardtop
He might have gotten a bad sensor it does happen.
Old 10-26-2015, 02:25 AM
SPONSOR/MBworld Guru

Received 211 Likes on 202 Posts
MB W204/W212, BMW E66, Porsche 958, VW MK6 TDI, Maserati Ghibli SQ4
Welcome to MBWorld. Grats on the low mileage w203, but sorry to hear about the issue you're having.

Should try posting this on the w203 subforum to see if they can help:
https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w203-3/

If your mechanic can't figure it out, I'd recommend taking it to a MB specific shop. A lot of local LA/OC guys (me included) take our MB to Benzworks for issues like what you're having. They have a STAR diagnostics machine.
http://benzworks.com/
Old 10-26-2015, 05:31 PM
Super Moderator

Received 753 Likes on 734 Posts
bone stock E55 AMG
welcome to the forum...
Old 10-28-2015, 05:48 PM
SPONSOR

Received 62 Likes on 61 Posts
Mercedes-Benz, Porsche, BMW, MINI and more!
Welcome to MBWorld! Good luck with your fixes and if you need anything be sure to let me know.