Notices
New Members Check In! If you're new to MBworld!, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your Benz!!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mercedes GL 320 CDI fuel pump timing

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-06-2016, 12:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mercedes benz GL 320 cdi
Mercedes GL 320 CDI fuel pump timing

Hi everyone I hope you can help me im an old fashion repair man no to involved with electronic staff ... I just purchase a 2007 GL 320 cdi with engine problem ..once I star desamble I found out the problem was a broken timming chain and a lot of valve lifter broken in both sides so I clean up everything and test each cylinder for any valv leaking wich are all good so I replaced timing chain and im sure I put it in the right time positions both camshaft with the crankshaft , replace tensioner and chain guides also, and start putting back all parts ...with out finding out why the chain broke... anyway... now the car crank but not start ... I asked a friend of my and he says that the fuel pump has to be in time with camshaft and crankshaft because a had to take it out while I was replacing one of the guides chain... and I did not notice a point of timing in the high pressure pump ... if any of you have some info I will appreciate. thanks..