Notices
New Members Check In! If you're new to MBworld!, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your Benz!!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just purchased my first Mercedes

Old 08-27-2016, 05:22 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
1999 Mercedes Benz CLK320 Cab
Just purchased my first Mercedes

Long time GM owner...just purchased my first Mercedes Benz. I have owned 4 Corvettes, 3 Camaros, and most recently was driving/restoring a 1986 Monte Carlo SS...until the rings blew in the motor this week. So, off to find a replacement...a 1999 CLK320 Cab. It has a couple of issues that with researching this forum, I have found ways to fix. First, being the rearview mirror. I don't remember who posted their DYI about drilling and tapping a screw to hold the rearview mirror clip tighter against the mirror to do away with the wobble. Since my mirror was off the mount and the bracket was loose, I went ahead and drilled/tapped a new bolt into the mirror, got rid of the slop, reinstalled mirror and is now tight as new. Next projects; retract rear headrests to get top working (now that I figured out how to open trunk with the key...again, thank you forum members for posting how to do it), get the door locks working, and various other projects to get this Cab back to its former glory. Through my time with this project, I'll be checking out this forum, asking questions and posting my discoveries. I will post pictures soon.
Old 08-29-2016, 10:52 AM
Super Moderator

Received 711 Likes on 692 Posts
bone stock E55 AMG
welcome to mbworld...
Old 08-29-2016, 07:22 PM
SPONSOR/MBworld Guru

Received 211 Likes on 202 Posts
MB W204/W212, BMW E66, Porsche 958, VW MK6 TDI, Maserati Ghibli SQ4
Welcome to MBWorld and grats on the project pickup. Let us know if you want to upgrade some of her lighting to bring you up to date with some plug and play whiter lighting, replacing the dingle old halogens. Makes for a nice facelift
Old 09-02-2016, 06:38 PM
SPONSOR

Received 62 Likes on 61 Posts
Mercedes-Benz, Porsche, BMW, MINI and more!
Welcome to MBWorld!
Old 09-04-2016, 02:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes c300
Clk 430

Originally Posted by AZN Optics
Welcome to MBWorld and grats on the project pickup. Let us know if you want to upgrade some of her lighting to bring you up to date with some plug and play whiter lighting, replacing the dingle old halogens. Makes for a nice facelift
I'm interested in some plug & play lights on my clk 430