Notices
New Members Check In! If you're new to MBworld!, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your Benz!!

New owner of a 2005 G55 AMG

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-31-2016, 11:06 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
05 G55 AMG, 08 CL65 RennTech
New owner of a 2005 G55 AMG

What's up guys? New member here, I just purchased my first MB, the 2005 G55. Maybe I should've posted in here prior to purchasing, but this '05 only had 29k miles in it, had a very strange history. But I did a PPI with my very reliable and knowledgable mechanic and he gave me the ok to purchase. The story of this vehicle via carfax was that this was leased in 2005 and returned back to the dealer in 08 with 18k miles, then it went on auction and sold to someone that exported the car to Finland where there was absolutely no records till this year where it was IMPORTED back to the United States via Germany. I was highly suspicious of rollback but once my mechanic checked it out and told me that the car is in great shape (mechanically) and that it looks like it has been driven about only 30k miles. But I am concerned because there are numerous dents on the exterior, a few broken plastic pieces in the interior, and I have never seen a vehicle sent overseas to send it back 8 years later. I can't quite put a finger on it, is this a common occurrence/scam? I already purchased the vehicle and drove it a few days already, did not get my title yet.
Old 09-01-2016, 10:50 AM
Super Moderator

Received 753 Likes on 734 Posts
bone stock E55 AMG
welcome to mbworld...
dents and plastics are not unusual for 11 year old car...
as long as frame, engine, tranny are good, u'll be fine...
Old 09-02-2016, 03:41 PM
SPONSOR/MBworld Guru

Received 211 Likes on 202 Posts
MB W204/W212, BMW E66, Porsche 958, VW MK6 TDI, Maserati Ghibli SQ4
Welcome to MBWorld. Grats on the well world traveled G class. I wouldn't be worried about the exterior, asides from being an 11 year old vehicle as MJ says, it's also a vehicle that was probably taken offroad which explains some of the wear and tear. Check the suspension as well though because it was probably wasn't street driven much for those 30K miles.