Notices
New Members Check In! If you're new to MBworld!, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your Benz!!

Mercedes Engine M271 - Change for another Brand

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-15-2016 | 12:11 AM

C200, S500, SL350
Mercedes Engine M271 - Change for another Brand

I have loved- so loved Mercedes since I was a born. Owned almost every model- but I am sick of the reliability issues- ITS A DIVORCE! The scam prices- the endless "genuine" parts that break- what have those idiots in Germany done!
Fair enough maybe some odd problems we would forgive them if they came to the party- but the only relationship Mercedes want is our endless supply of cash! Get out of my home you conmen !
My wife has a 2003 C200 yes the one with the M271 engine. The dog engine- the poorly designed piece of crap and they know it. Merc quote for 2 cams and timing chain $6300 ! That's not the valves- labour- oh no- just $300 of parts for most other brands- Outrage- if they had designed it correct instead of their new policy of "Planned Failure" of yes- I have been networking with engineers the globe over and in the 90's Mercedes introduced a secret policy of creating tolerances that would fail post 120,000km- OUTRAGE ! Everything from door handles made from crap - $700 each door when they pop off-keys that fall apart $600 each- door actuators $700 each- a timing chain made for a bike that will fail- worse of all 2 rubber intake pipes that will crack and allow air into the engine that throws the timing out- break the cam cogs- chain skips- new head-$9000 worse- new engine-$18000, all designed to inject cash flow into Merc dealers- HOW DARE YOU !
The technical name for planned failure of "Planned Obsolescence" and oh boy have I learnt a trick or two my former darling Mercedes, has been playing.
So - I have decided to pull the M271 engine out- and replace it with anything Japanese- maybe a small block chev V8. Anyone else had similar experience and resolve.
Old 10-17-2016 | 07:19 PM
Super Moderator
MBWorld Ambassador

bone stock E55 AMG
welcome to the forum...