Notices
New Members Check In! If you're new to MBworld!, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your Benz!!

Introduction

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-22-2017, 12:30 AM

Received 46 Likes on 40 Posts
CLS55AMG
Introduction

Hello all, I am venturing into the Mercedes-Benz world for the first time as I regretably inherited my late father's 06' CLS55 AMG Designo Edition. I have been a Porsche water cooled (944 series) owner for 17 years and a Jaguar X-type Sport owner for 7 years. The members over on Jaguarforums and Rennlist (Porsche) have been always awesome!
I am a very big DIY guy so I will look forward to obtaining and sharing info as I go along.

Right now the CLS 55 AMG has just shy of 42k miles and I am looking to do an auto transmission fluid change, supercharger oil change, drive belt and supercharger belt change along with a heat exchanger coolant pump upgrade and split cooling kit. Would love some different exhaust and a super charger pulley upgrade in the future as the car I feel needs some more snarl and who doesn't love more power. Overall I am very happy with car and amazed at the amenities and brutal power it offers for being 11 years old. My late father really wanted a Designo grey metallic color and the piano black interior accents vs the wood. Does anyone know how many Designo Edition CLS 55 AMG cars were made in 2006? I live in SE Wisconsin and looking forward to getting to know my fellow MB enthusiasts. Thank you!

Old 02-24-2017, 10:59 PM
Super Moderator

Received 717 Likes on 698 Posts
bone stock E55 AMG
welcome to mbworld...
Old 02-25-2017, 05:09 AM

Received 46 Likes on 40 Posts
CLS55AMG
Thank you very much!