Notices
New Members Check In! If you're new to MBworld!, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your Benz!!

'12 ML350 Blue Tec (BT) in Maryland

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-08-2017, 09:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 ML350 Blue Tec (BT)
'12 ML350 Blue Tec (BT) in Maryland

I'm a car guy. I overthink and analyse everything to excess. From '66 'Stangs, to six Volvo Wagons including an AWD XC and two AWD V70R's (what a sleeper rocket). I destroyed everyone at a track day in my 6-speed manual last one.and now a pair of Honda S2000's.

I have (had) a company car (POS) so I bought a GMC Envoy and contracted for $550 to ship it to my house, to tow my new track car that is almost finished. Seventeen hours later I find out I'm losing my company car and going to an "allowance." Bad timing.

So, what car can I buy that is safe and comfortable, will get 25-30+mpg highway for 1000 mile road warrior work weeks hauling a bunch of demo gear AND then tow my 5000 lb rig hundreds of miles to East Coast tracks? A Blue Tec ML350 that is what!

I exhaustively searched, looked at GL's and ML's and actually put a deposit on a 2011 with 86K on it knowing depreciation was my enemy as I'll rack up 80K miles in the next 3 years. Then, full well knowing I really wanted a 2012 or later after the restyle and with a spare tire well in back, a '12 beauty was traded in at a Cadillac dealer with only 40K on the clock. So I paid more than I wanted to but got a near new five year old car.

Flying to Detroit this weekend to get it and drive it 600 miles back. Can't wait, hope it is everything I want and expect it to be.

Old 03-09-2017, 10:48 AM
Super Moderator

Received 744 Likes on 725 Posts
bone stock E55 AMG
congrats & welcome to the forum...