Notices
New Members Check In! If you're new to MBworld!, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your Benz!!

Hey there new to the mercedes world but not to cars 03 E55 amg

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-10-2017, 11:42 AM

Received 69 Likes on 59 Posts
2003 Mercedes E55 AMG
Hey there new to the mercedes world but not to cars 03 E55 amg

So guys thought since I didnt see a welcome area Id say hi here, I am a loooooong time car fanatic been racing building and enjoying for 25+years. The obsession started when I was just 12 working in my grandpas shop which led to many many cars .... becoming a tech at ford, then onto nissan, then audi bmw and mercedes. Worked as a tech in many dealerships, was a jet mechanic as well as PJ in the USAF and continued wking and playing with various cars and brands throughout the years. Now as i hit 44 ive found myself enjoying the euro cars more vs the jap crap .... or even the old muscle cars.

So me and the lil Misses have a 2015 Kia sorento which is her daily driver and she loves it and its a great car .... I drive a 2001 BMW 330ci 5 speed that I have rebuilt completely ... oxford green ... 5 speed ... rebuilt the motor, rebuilt the trans, new clutch, new tires, shocks, 3.23 diff, zhp cams, custom dyno tuned by active autowerkes making 223 rwhp and 220 rwtq versus stock was 192 rwhp and 194 rwtq anyway love this lil car and have put ALOT of wk time and money into it. Sometimes I need the kia because we got 3 kids and they all dont fit properly in the bmw 2 door. So after some argument I told her if I have to get rid of my BMW that I just finished then I was getting the auto 4 door of my choosing lol. I have ALWAYS loved the e55 amg such a sexy car. Loved workin on them and other mercs nothing really to be scared of. But I didnt have alot of money to work with and every one I found was in the 15 to 18k range.

I came across a low mileage 03 E55 has 126k on it my fav color pearl silver ..... amazing interior and mercedes just got done installing a new fuel tank, new fuel pumps, new fuel filters wiring etc etc under warranty. But they told me that it needed motor and trans mounts and a lil work here and there. Got the car and first off loved tht mercedes just did the entire fuel system and it has a 2 year warranty woohoo.

Got it home and jacked it up and took the under covers off and the trans looked brand new and i also found 3 other things. 1 the motor mounts were loose, 2 the trans crossmember bolts were hand tight and the trans mount had no bolts at all!! So i tightened everything up added new bolts to the trans mount and installed a new trans adaptor knowing they like to leak. It was a lil wet nothing major but got it all clean and new one in. I havent driven it since doing all that cause we got some snow and its not ready for snow yet. So I took a trip too my mercedes dealer and pulled a vehicle history report and found out that in 2013 at 104k a new mercedes transmission and torque converter were installed ... double wooohooooo! An from the looks of things I wont even need the new mounts I ordered haha.

I removed the POS bosch plat plugs someone installed without anti seize they were scarey to get out .... all 16 of em lol. But cleaned the threads and installed some new NGK iridium plugs with anti seize. I changed the belts, pulleys, air filters, have neat pump to suck out the the old supercharger fluid which all i could get was 10ml YIKES ..... but i filled it with fresh new oil which it took about 120 to 122 ml and sounded much better. I also found that the radiator was replaced at same time the trans was with a new Nissens radiator as well. I did change the oil with new 0w40 synthetic and new merc filter. Recieved my new mounts in the mail so took out the trans and it was worn and split so intalled that and decided to drop the trans pan and change filter and do a drain and fill. Figured it didnt need it but heck had the parts and who knows what anyone else has and hasnt done. Installed the new motor mounts as well they were fine but at least these are new. This way it starts out with me knowing its got the proper fluids and up to date on all maintenance. I did notice that in the lil triangle thing inside the oil filler neck under the cap it had some cocked oil buildup ... i scraped what i could out but may run a few engine flushes through it next oil change.

I cant wait to drive it I havent given it any gas knowing the mounts needed wk been babying it. I am planning lots of mods .... I really cant and wont leave anything alone love to go fast and make my car my own. First thing I think I want to do is get rid of that air ride crap .... and install the aftermarket air to coil conversion by Arnott i think it will be much better. I want to do a fixed pulley, headers, tune .. thinking OE tuning, cooling system upgrade, new IC pump, belt wrap kit, and exhaust to start it off but will have to wait til money is freed up for now just making it run good.
Attached Thumbnails Hey there new to the mercedes world but not to cars 03 E55 amg-merc7.jpg   Hey there new to the mercedes world but not to cars 03 E55 amg-merc6.jpg   Hey there new to the mercedes world but not to cars 03 E55 amg-merc5.jpg   Hey there new to the mercedes world but not to cars 03 E55 amg-merc4.jpg   Hey there new to the mercedes world but not to cars 03 E55 amg-merc3.jpg  

Hey there new to the mercedes world but not to cars 03 E55 amg-merc.jpg  

Last edited by E55amg0220; 03-10-2017 at 11:51 AM.
Old 03-10-2017, 01:50 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
2005 C55 AMG
Hey Man, welcome! I'm new too.

Nice ride, you should look into the E63 Suvneer front bumper conversion a lot of w211 guys are doing.

https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg/...on-thread.html

just over $500 shipped, and you only need a couple extra parts (bumper supports - totaling like $80) to make it fit! obviously, you'll have to get it painted, but it's a great way to get a new bumper, while updating your car's look by ~5 years. Worth the money.
Old 03-10-2017, 01:55 PM

2003 Mercedes E55 AMG
wow that looks great may just have to check into that
Old 03-10-2017, 03:57 PM
SPONSOR/MBworld Guru

Received 211 Likes on 202 Posts
MB W204/W212, BMW E66, Porsche 958, VW MK6 TDI, Maserati Ghibli SQ4
Welcome to MBWorld and grats on the score! Looks like you scored some bonuses with newer component replacements. W211 really is a classic and the 55 engine has so much power potential. With the mod list you're discussing, sounds like she'll definitely be a wolf in sheep's clothing!

Let us know if you want to upgrade her lights to newer brighter and whiter LED/HIDs. parking lights, markers, rear plate, and interior are all popular replacements as well as newer low and fog xenon options.
Old 03-10-2017, 07:22 PM

2003 Mercedes E55 AMG
i am interested why dont u either pm or email me some details
Old 03-13-2017, 12:59 AM
Super Moderator

Received 770 Likes on 749 Posts
bone stock E55 AMG
welcome to the forum...