Notices
New Members Check In! If you're new to MBworld!, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your Benz!!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-15-2017, 12:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C300 Cabriolet

Hello there,

I'm a new member here, and new to Mercedes, as well! I'm originally from Munich, Germany, but having been living in the SF Bay Area for 6 years now.

I've always been a bit of a BMW enthusiast, since there are some family ties to BMW Tuning and Racing teams, but a few years ago on a trip back home my rental car was upgraded to a CLS, which was the first time I got to drive a Mercedes. I absolutely loved it! The next year, while my BMW was in the shop, my rental was upgraded again to a C-Class, which again, was just really nice to drive, especially for my commute. I began thinking that maybe my next car could be a Mercedes..

This year I decided to finally replace my old BMW with a convertible, and went for test drives in the 2 and 4 Series. The 2 series was super fun to drive, but is a little too small, the seats were too tight and couldnt be lowered far enough. Since I'm pretty tall, it just wouldn't have worked out. The 4 Series was larger of course, and also a nice drive, but again the seats were just a bit too high, and having had a 3 Series of the same generation before, it didn't really blow me away..

I had seen pictures and read articles on the C Cabriolet, and was pretty impressed, so I figured I'd go check it out. First of all, the experience at the dealership was so much nicer than at any BMW dealership I had been at. Actually friendly people who didn't just want to push you to get the next best car on the lot, and were actually knowledgable about the cars. I just got the impression that they truly loved Mercedes, and also cared about their customers being happy.. I am sure that others have had other experiences, but I must have been lucky. Then the test drive, oh my god. I fell in love with it right away, the AMG designs, the black wood, the stitched leather, the seats that seem like they were custom made for me, the way it stays in its line, something about the adaptive steering in Sport Mode just makes me happy. I have never enjoyed a car this much.

I've had it for a month now, and I really couldn't be more satisfied with the decision to break with family tradition and switch. BMW really needs to step up the game, the 4 series doesnt compare. It looks good, but the C-Class looks better, and quite frankly the C-Class is more enjoyable to drive, whether commuting, or taking it up around on mountain roads.

The COMAND system doesn't work at the moment, though, the screen just stays blank, so there is that haha.
Old 06-16-2017, 09:53 AM
Super Moderator

Received 716 Likes on 697 Posts
bone stock E55 AMG
congrats & welcome aboard...
Old 06-21-2017, 01:47 PM
SPONSOR

Received 62 Likes on 61 Posts
Mercedes-Benz, Porsche, BMW, MINI and more!
Welcome to MBWorld! Congratulations on your purchase and switch! If you ever need anything for it please don't hesitate to let me know as I am here to help. Got any pictures?
Old 06-22-2017, 10:08 AM

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
CL500
welcome-
if you are from the BMW camp then you might be pleasantly surprised that companies Like Dinan are now in the game of producing performance parts for our makes/models. Im sure you will enjoy the car and learning a lot of stuff here
Old 06-22-2017, 01:45 PM

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
W211 E320 CDI Sportpackage With Carlsson CD32 Chip 2004
Welcome to hell marine.