Notices
New Members Check In! If you're new to MBworld!, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your Benz!!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Which Benz??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-22-2017, 12:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sprinter
Which Benz??

Hi all
Am new to the forum, at present l have a 02 Sprinter which l use for work purposes and am looking at buying a sedan as a part time driver, just for longer trips with the family (3 daughters - tall for their age) and my better half.

I have a landcruiser at the moment but have always wanted a Benz - always liked them for their quality. Just don't get to use the cruiser for what it's meant for-awesome car for what it is mind you....

Problem is, l am 6'6" and am finding it difficult to fit into any of the ones l have looked at i.e. '98 e320 and a (450sel - mid '80's from memory) - it was something l sat in about 4 months ago. I seem to struggle with the headroom and there doesn't seem to much room in the back width wise and the person sitting in the middle has to sit on a hard area of foam (armrests that fold out for rear passengers) - back seats seem to be made for 2.5 people, maybe l'm just spoiled with the cruiser as it has 3 seperate seats in the back. 105 model.

Are there any members out there with the same problem??

I do like the idea of the w108-w109 models - but am open to ideas. I don't want to spend more than $15000 as it's something that will sit in the shed most of the time.

I have sat in a few older American?Australian cars and have found them to be quite adequate but just prefer the german quality product - l also have a '76 r90/6 Beemer for this reason and it's more comfy for the taller folk.

Thanks, Nick

Last edited by jack1971; 06-22-2017 at 12:39 AM.
Old 06-23-2017, 09:17 AM
Super Moderator

Received 716 Likes on 697 Posts
bone stock E55 AMG
welcome to the forum...
how about W140?
Old 06-23-2017, 08:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sprinter
Originally Posted by MJ50
welcome to the forum...
how about W140?
That's the one l am trying to have a look at. They are so dam cheap
There must be hidden gremlins or just a perceived fear of these older benz's going wrong and costing buckets of money???

TA, Nick