Notices
New Members Check In! If you're new to MBworld!, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your Benz!!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Key does not belong to vehicle. W204

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-18-2017, 11:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W204 2007 C280 Avantgard
Key does not belong to vehicle. W204

Hi
Just bought a 2007 C280 W204. What a car!
The spare key does not work. When inserting into the ignition the dash says 'key does not belong to vehicle.' The blade / manual key does however work so I believe it is the correct key. Used car dealer says keys not used sometimes lose their 'coding'. Will also not unlock doors. Red light does flash when pressing buttons. Replaced battery.

Anyone advise what I can try? Thanks!
Old 10-18-2017, 03:17 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1,019 Likes on 947 Posts
1999 E300TD
You have just been CH, by the cream puff dealer---if it's that simple take it back and get your money and wait for the 350$ new spare key.
Old 09-25-2020, 11:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
c300
I dropped my 2009 c300 key I water and tried to unlock my car later on but it won't respond, so I detached the key and tried to unlock it manually and it triggered the alarm several times. I tried to change the remote battery and even opened it up to dry all night, after some time I was able to lock and unlock the car with the remote but the car won't start so I thought it was the car battery but this morning I tried to use the remote to unlock my car but it won't come on and when I put the key in the ignition, its shows key does not belong to vehicle. please can someone offer me a solution to thus???