Notices
New Members Check In! If you're new to MBworld!, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your Benz!!

Hi

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-23-2017, 06:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1998 C200 estate
Hi

I have just joined MB World in the hope that someone can help me with a problem I have with an an ageing C200 petrol estate registered in 1998

The problem is that the engine cranks but will not start, I replaced the fuel pump relay but still have the same problem. The case fell off the old relay as I removed it, If I reinstall the old relay and manually operate it the car will start and run for as I hold the relay in and die as soon as I release the relay. The only other electrical problem that the car has had is the alarm sometimes going off for no obvious reason but has done this for a number of years..

The problems seem to have started after the battery went flat my son drove the car parked up when he returned to the car it would not start, I have read some comments about the OVP relay possibly causing similar problem but I do not know where this relay is or even if one is fitted to this Model/year car.

If anyone is aware of issues of this nature on this car I would be grateful of any advice.

Many Thanks