Notices
New Members Check In! If you're new to MBworld!, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your Benz!!

2011 C300 bad trans?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-22-2018, 01:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 C300 4matic Sport
2011 C300 bad trans?

hello! I’ve done a lot of research on this forum, but just joined so I can ask a questions.

I purchased a 2011 C300 4Matic used with mismatching tires and 38k miles last year. It now has 49k miles, and I put four brand-new matching tires on it. Less than a thousand miles after tire change, And 4 days ago, I started getting a jerking or slipping (shudder) in the trans at about 35 mph in 3rd or 4th gear at 1500rpms. It’s getting hung up at that RPM range, even though the car will accelerate slowly given throttle. That was out of nowhere. I’ve experienced a couple jerks (not during gear change, which is smooth) since outside of that speed and RPM range, but the main bulke of the issue is that exact speed and RPM range. Any ideas? Trans fluid is filthy and I’m getting that changed tomorrow, but I’m worried there is a more serious issue.

most everything I’m reading about bad teansmissions is the opposite of what I’m experiencing - lack of acceleration and climbing RPMs. I’m getting consistent acceleration while RPMs won’t climb.

if I put car in sport mode and stay out of that RPM range, I have almost no jerking. HELP PLEASE! I love my baby, and I don’t want to have to dump this car before the trans dies.

sincerely,
MercNoob