Notices
New Members Check In! If you're new to MBworld!, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your Benz!!

AMG S55 ABC Pump replacement question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-20-2018, 10:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mercedes amg s55
AMG S55 ABC Pump replacement question

I have got old pump out and new pump bolted up I知 at the point where I知 connecting the main pressure line that have Bango bolt
question 1 bango bolts have an o ring on the back side and a brass washer on the nut side of the bolt I think that one is correct the other bango bolt has no seal on the rear So my question was there a copper washer on both sides of this bango bolt to seal it and I lost the inside copper washer when it was taken off I知 at a stand still to I get this figured out Can anyone who have done the a few times that knows with out a shadow of doubt give me some direction please or maybe a schematic showing how many copper washer are needed

thank you in advance
dan

Last edited by Dan Garland; 09-20-2018 at 10:56 PM.
Old 09-21-2018, 01:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 994 Likes on 766 Posts
2003 CL 600
You need a seal on both sides of the fitting if using a banjo bolt, usually they have o-rings in the line on both sides, if not there will be a copper washer on both sides. No way they bolt up without some sort of seal there.