Notices
New Members Check In! If you're new to MBworld!, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your Benz!!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1st and Last Mercedes - 300 GLC 2016

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-17-2018, 10:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
300 GLC 4Matic
Unhappy 1st and Last Mercedes - 300 GLC 2016

Sad to say this has been a bad experience from Day 1.
1 - Engine skipped from day 1. Could never find the problem until complete failure. "Bad spark plug" that they couldn't ever find until the car shook so terribly I couldn't drive. COULDN"T FIND A BAD SPARK PLUG FOR MONTHS???
2 - loss of power on road trip. failed vacuum pump
3 - engine skipping again for months until complete failure again. Replace ignition coil pack. Picked up car and it was still shaking in the parking lot. "We forgot to replace the bad spark plug" How did they not feel it when they pulled it out of the service bay??? Service manager actually called me "sweetie" They sent me an Edible Arrangement. Are you kidding me?
When asked if this was common to have 3 major mechanical failures in less than 50K miles the service manager said it was "a problem with the engineering" Such "tight tolerances that any little thing causes a major problem"

When I first got the car the upgraded navigation system was IMPOSSIBLE to use. After sitting with the service manager trying to figure it out he finally said, "You're just going to have to play around with it to figure it out." and then said he "needed a beer."
When I asked about the hatch that doesn't stop when it encounters an object like my head or my hand raised to stop it, I was told basically I was too short. It "built up force" that made it hard to stop and that it "worked as designed."
The trunk gasket has been reglued five times and counting
When I called to tell them the car was broken again, the service person actually asked if the problem was because it was low on gas.
Tires shot after 20K miles - replaced with regular tires and a spare tire kit.
At 48K I'm done before the warranty expires.
Old 10-18-2018, 06:06 PM

Received 181 Likes on 115 Posts
2015 E400 and 2015 GLK350
With all due respect, it sounds to me more like a bad dealer/service department. You should not have encountered problems such as you did, but a competent service department should have found these easily and quickly.

Whatever car you buy next, if the dealer fails at service, don't give second chances. It sounds like you are a non-technical owner, which is why I advise changing dealers. Some of us are old-time car people, and we can debate with service staff and ultimately get what we need from them.